Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods 11

Options
  • 25-07-2010 2:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Heard great things, tried my local Xtravision but they're out of stock
    despite having the damn thing on display everywhere. :mad:

Anyone know where I could pick up a copy in Kildare?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Gamestop are selling this for the cheapest afaik for €45. I just checked theres two branches in Naas and Newbridge. Have you tried there?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

creggy wrote: »
    Gamestop are selling this for the cheapest afaik for €45. I just checked theres two branches in Naas and Newbridge. Have you tried there?

Nice one cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

panama wrote: »
    Heard great things, tried my local Xtravision but they're out of stock
    despite having the damn thing on display everywhere. :mad:

Anyone know where I could pick up a copy in Kildare?

be warned its not as handy as tiger 10 , i think thats a good thing but a lot of players dont like it, might be a good idea to rent first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

There are a few glitchs in the game aswell including landing in rough just off the green and it will give you a putt 6 feet from the hole also the pin position changes lets say you have the pin 9 or 10 feet from the front of the green you hit a shot a couple of feet away when you go to take your putt the hole is over the other side of the green left with a 60ftr

Not to metion the lobby set up is ridiclious your anbale to see your opponents record so he could be a constant quitter

A good game but it has major flaws

luckyfrank wrote: »
    There are a few glitchs in the game aswell including landing in rough just off the green and it will give you a putt 6 feet from the hole also the pin position changes lets say you have the pin 9 or 10 feet from the front of the green you hit a shot a couple of feet away when you go to take your putt the hole is over the other side of the green left with a 60ftr

Not to metion the lobby set up is ridiclious your anbale to see your opponents record so he could be a constant quitter

A good game but it has major flaws

i agree very flawed game , ill be honest and say i hated it when it came out first but its slowly growing on me. the other glitch is when you win a game , then go see how many points you get only to discover you get a loss and a dnf, grrr happened a few times , also when you get to a level 10 theres nowhere to go , only 2 v2 , i know theres loads of lobbys but there always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Might pick up 10 now that 11 is out.. should've fallen in price.

Shzm wrote: »
    Might pick up 10 now that 11 is out.. should've fallen in price.

20 euros in argos and xtravision , also 20 euro 2nd hand funny that.

I made the jump from 09 to 11 and I am finding it very tough. Precision putting is really unforgiving, so easy to **** up a simple putt. Luckily it can be changed to classic putting in options.

Also EA's online pass thing is disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

the way the game should have been made :D

sorry, couldn't resist :P

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

I haven't played online yet, is it any good?
    I'm currently a level 5 player. Do they match you up with players of a similar skill level if you're going to play a 1 on 1 match?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm like creggy, made the jump from 9 to 11 and I'm having a woeful time with the putting, but I do feel that it's better this way and that it's just my own lack of skill and player XP. It's not perfect, but it's still the same sort of fun I've always had with one of these games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Putting is very simple guys it's all about feel play it on tour pro only after a while you'll get the hang of it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Any1 know is the demo multiplayer? mite download if it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Any1 know is the demo multiplayer? mite download if it is

theres an invite friends thing so maybe. i didn't have any friends playing it so couldn't try it.

I haven't played online yet, is it any good?
    I'm currently a level 5 player. Do they match you up with players of a similar skill level if you're going to play a 1 on 1 match?

go to custom search and set what ever course your good on. it will look for a match to the game you set (unlikley ),if it dosnt find on it will then give you the option to set it again.this set will be active and player will jump in, also you can set within say 5 levels .if a level 10 jumps in dont worry its a fairly even game this year. i beat a skill level 36 twice today..yanks are also cannon fodder any skill level.

if you want me to add you for team play let me know ill PM you .

Kharn wrote: »
    I'm like creggy, made the jump from 9 to 11 and I'm having a woeful time with the putting, but I do feel that it's better this way and that it's just my own lack of skill and player XP. It's not perfect, but it's still the same sort of fun I've always had with one of these games.

You can change the putting to classic in the options. It turns back to the way it was in 09. However, it so much harder to read the greens in this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

theres an invite friends thing so maybe. i didn't have any friends playing it so couldn't try it.

I was thinkin more is there an option to play it offline with friends

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Captain Average

almanu wrote: »
    go to custom search and set what ever course your good on. it will look for a match to the game you set (unlikley ),if it dosnt find on it will then give you the option to set it again.this set will be active and player will jump in, also you can set within say 5 levels .if a level 10 jumps in dont worry its a fairly even game this year. i beat a skill level 36 twice today..yanks are also cannon fodder any skill level.

if you want me to add you for team play let me know ill PM you .

Sounds good, thanks. My gamertag is in my sig if you want to add me.
    Just drop me a message on there and let me know when you're setting up a team play.

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I was thinkin more is there an option to play it offline with friends

if you all got a valid xbox live account you can set unranked and play with your friends this way, this option is also good if you just want to get a feel for online play without getting your as* handed to you ,if you keep playing you WILL get good at it, i finally talked one of my mate to getting it this year , he,s totally hooked ,hes also a skill level 12 after 80 odd games .

if your original question was for playing your mates lets say all at your house on the one console ,im not sure but ill get back to you on that one.(edit)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

creggy wrote: »
    You can change the putting to classic in the options. It turns back to the way it was in 09. However, it so much harder to read the greens in this.

i totally disagree,i use the classic option and find it very easy,
    the only putts i fail to read easily are ones on expert pins with very fast greens,and even then after a putt preview id be close,
    you guys must be doing something wrong,
    great game but i do agree a few flaws,
    hitting a 75% shot consisitently is very hard,
    but a great game all the same

• Advertisement

AnneFrank wrote: »
    the only putts i fail to read easily are ones on expert pins with very fast greens,and even then after a putt preview id be close,

When I typed that I was on level 1, I put loads of xp on green reading and now can get in most putts.

75% SHOTS by holding the shot stick back by 5 seconds has been taken out of this years game , were as it is possible to get 95% ,i find anything less than that is a gamble, you will find that full forward loft or full back loft can get you the distance you require, unfortunatly you will have to go to the driving range to write them down, its a pain will probably take 20 mins but at least you will know what your clubs can do.
    here are my clubs.
    8.5 driver
    3w
    1 iron
    3 iron
    5 iron
    7 iron
    9 iron

WEDGES
    PW
    AW
    GW
    LW
    LBW
    HLW

PUTTER

i find i only struggle from 85 - 60 yards on fairway to green shots.

also another tip , one tap of focus on the fairway is worth two on the green, in other words if you just give it one tap of focus on the fairway it can save you having to use up two putt previews on the green.
    these settings work perfect for me and im trying to get in to the top 30 on the leaderboards.so they do work, if any of you guys need help with club tuner , swing tuner or anything else, if i know ill be happy to share it.
    there just isnt enough Irish players on this game, we need loads more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

almanu wrote: »
    75% SHOTS by holding the shot stick back by 5 seconds has been taken out of this years game , were as it is possible to get 95% ,i find anything less than that is a gamble, you will find that full forward loft or full back loft can get you the distance you require, unfortunatly you will have to go to the driving range to write them down, its a pain will probably take 20 mins but at least you will know what your clubs can do.
    here are my clubs.
    8.5 driver
    3w
    1 iron
    3 iron
    5 iron
    7 iron
    9 iron

WEDGES
    PW
    AW
    GW
    LW
    LBW
    HLW

PUTTER

i find i only struggle from 85 - 60 yards on fairway to green shots.

also another tip , one tap of focus on the fairway is worth two on the green, in other words if you just give it one tap of focus on the fairway it can save you having to use up two putt previews on the green.
    these settings work perfect for me and im trying to get in to the top 30 on the leaderboards.so they do work, if any of you guys need help with club tuner , swing tuner or anything else, if i know ill be happy to share it.
    there just isnt enough Irish players on this game, we need loads more.

i have alot of the wedges too but my clubs do vary a bit from yours,
    i do what your saying about the yardages alright but i do it by feel,
    if you play on expert everything but on amateur instead of tour pro i'll give you a game,
    predator is WELL WORTH downloading too

i have alot of the wedges too but my clubs do vary a bit from yours,
    i do what your saying about the yardages alright but i do it by feel,
    if you play on expert everything but on amateur instead of tour pro i'll give you a game,
    predator is WELL WORTH downloading too

sure no problem, il play a bit of everything tbh , add Fat potatoes. yeah i love predator but i wont be downloading it this year, not good value for money, i will download bayhill and you get some other course aswell for 400 ms pts

we should try get 12 players on board for a ryder cup session, it dosnt really matter how good anyone is ,its all unranked and a bit of fun ,maybe a few players could put there name up,we could sort it out here im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Does anyone else think that he Ryder Cup is completely biased towards the Yanks.... When you leave a team a couple up and head off to paly another couple groupings the Yanks always get an upper hand and if you leave it soemtimes it'll go out of control its FUBAR!

Does anyone else think that he Ryder Cup is completely biased towards the Yanks.... When you leave a team a couple up and head off to paly another couple groupings the Yanks always get an upper hand and if you leave it soemtimes it'll go out of control its FUBAR!

have you heard the crowd , USA USA USA, then as an after thought they put in EUROPE EUROPE EUROPE in an american accent ,the game is totally biased towards the yanks, they get the game a month before us, also if you set say blue tee,s i always get messages from yanks and only yanks that im a cheat lol, even when they can see blues at the start of the game, they dont like me so much , ha who cares.

if anybody is sending a friend request will they just say there from boards, thanks

If anyone for up a few games. Add me!

duffy ftw is the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

im in for a few games of this, never played online yet! im not great though...

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    im in for a few games of this, never played online yet! im not great though...

it dosnt really matter as long as you stick with it for 18 holes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,397 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

yea think i can manage 18 holes!

Advertisement