Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door restrictor/ventilator.

• 25-07-2010 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    my bedroom has a door leading onto the balcony but has no windows. I need to leave the balcony door open to allow air in during hot summer nights. But if there is even a gentle breeze the door will soon close shut or blow open completely. There is a restrictor with a a friction-screw on the top of the door, but the friction-screw soon loosens up after I open/close the door a few times.

I was hoping there might exist some sort of a latch/lock to attach to the door that would allow me to open the door anywhere from a few mm to a couple of inches(depending on weather) & to then fix the door in that position so that it wouldn't blow open or closed.

I've come across some child-locks on the internet & even got one in IKEA:
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/30098967
    but they are designed to be difficult to open, rather than being adult/user-friendly.

Anyone know of any useful products that might suit?

Comments

Advertisement