Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Spooked"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Here's the link to the application form. Applicatations close on August 16th I believe.

http://www.rte.ie/tv/audienceparticipation/spooked_application_form_2010.rtf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Sounds like fun ill be sending an application

Guys this is on RTE2 on Tuesday 5th October at 10pm ...... how do I know? Because I worked on it as part of their Paranormal Team :D

Obviously theres alot that cant be side prior to it being aired but it was great fun! Mind you I am exhausted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Blademan

6th wrote: »
    Mind you I am exhausted!!

But 6th you didn't do anything, remember i did it all for you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah I hope this is good and no high jinc's...I put me name in for it :( but didnt get picked

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Yeah, looking forward to it. PSI were involved in this.

I got a text late last night saying I was spotted in the TV ad for this! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭paranormal

I got a text late last night saying I was spotted in the TV ad for this! :D

that should give people a scare straight away :)

ent_spooked.jpg

Synopsis
    Spooked is a reality style documentary where six carefully selected young people are placed in a "haunted" house for the weekend. There they discover if the house is truly haunted or not. Will the sceptics remain sceptic when they stay in this haunted location? A psychologist will feature in the programme and will assess the participants over the weekend. There will also be a number of paranormal investigators and a medium involved, to help tell the ghostly stories of the house or the location. This is a light hearted documentary on how the mind works and responds to suggestion.

Time : 60 minutes
    Episodes: 1 - Tuesday 5th October, 10.00pm RTÉ TWO

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

Applied also for the show, realised now they were looking for 6 young people so did age play a part in this selection process???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

looks intriguing. if i had been a bit older and had actually heard about it before tonight, i might have even tried applying. will definitely tune in to see what it's like though. should at least be a bit of a laugh.

ent_spooked.jpg

Synopsis
    Spooked is a reality style documentary where six carefully selected young people are placed in a "haunted" house for the weekend. There they discover if the house is truly haunted or not. Will the sceptics remain sceptic when they stay in this haunted location? A psychologist will feature in the programme and will assess the participants over the weekend. There will also be a number of paranormal investigators and a medium involved, to help tell the ghostly stories of the house or the location. This is a light hearted documentary on how the mind works and responds to suggestion.

Time : 60 minutes
    Episodes: 1 - Tuesday 5th October, 10.00pm RTÉ TWO
    From a skeptics view of point. Yeah. For believers, no. Should of just said a balanced approach.

PSI are involved in this too. Great team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looking forward to this :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Synopsis

I guess nothing spooky happened while filming so the producers had to influence it somewhat?

faceman wrote: »
    I guess nothing spooky happened while filming so the producers had to influence it somewhat?

You got that based on the bit in bold? It was always set to be lighthearted (every investigation I have ever done has been fun). They were on site for 3 days and its been compressed into 52 minutes.

You should tune in anyway, as long as you dont have a prior engagement.

KeithAFC wrote: »
    PSI are involved in this too. Great team.

Yep great team. The SPOOKED team was made of members from a few teams, for example I'm from PIGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Blademan

Here is the promo --> HERE ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

what are the chance this program will be another rte pile of crap??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Blademan wrote: »
    Here is the promo --> HERE ;)
    LOL

Very first line makes me think this is gonna be a pile of sh1te, made by people who don't know what they're talking about

• Advertisement

Dave! wrote: »
    LOL

Very first line makes me think this is gonna be a pile of sh1te, made by people who don't know what they're talking about
    There is a number of people working on the show who have a lot of paranormal 'knowledge'.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

KeithAFC wrote: »
    There is a number of people working on the show who have a lot of paranormal 'knowledge'.
    I'll make sure my 13year old tunes in...oh and Vicky from little britain should get a kick out of this one. garbage..with nothing worth recycling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 666th

So six people spent the weekend in Kinnitty castle HOTEL.

It must have been really scary to have spent the weekend with a resturant and bar so close at hand.

This kind of crap has all been done before:(

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

At the end of the day there are some of the gang here from boards and teams from Ireland in the show ,,i like seeing any of the gang from any teams in Ireland on the box well done to all involved, another show to to give an small taste in to what people curious about and whats involved in the field ,

Ill be watching anyway ;)

I'd great fun doing it ... a self indulgant train ride :D

Yeah, i'll be watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

seriously people tune in and enjoy it! stop trying to put it down just because it's RTE we all know they can be tough to work with and cancell appearences after booking them with teams....
    put that aside there are a bunch of local talented investigators that we all know and that should be enough. if it's light hearted so what? who cares?

Unless you have been involved with a project like this and I have you don't know how much work it is to get 52 mins of tv out of it.
    there is my 2 cents looking forward to seeing Mark Ally and all the rest tonight!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I'll be watching!!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

Soup? haha wtf!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Lots of candles check
    Black cloak check
    strange local check
    eerie music check
    deep voiced narrator check
    lots of visual flickers check
    Subjected filled with suggestions and stories to hook on to check
    popcorn check

I swear I haven't had such a good laugh in ages and 6th hasn't even been on yet.

Advertisement