Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Spooked"

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its great gas altogether Ted. Spooky? Nope. But funny as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Lots of candles check
    Black cloak check
    strange local check
    eerie music check
    deep voiced narrator check
    lots of visual flickers check
    Subjected filled with suggestions and stories to hook on to check
    popcorn check

I swear I haven't had such a good laugh in ages and 6th hasn't even been on yet.

ouija board check

:D

entertaining so far......i love the fairy chap! The hair on him! lol

Who is the Gillian lady?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    ouija board check

Who is the Gillian lady?

She is a phycologist I think

Wish they would stop with the nappy thing its cringeworthy

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lisnsooz

This is great craic - am a bit freaked out myself now alone in my own place.
    Think 6th is on the telly now :)

Go 6th :) Go 6th :) At least they are more cynical about it all than the usual Most Haunted kind of tripe. And it is entertaining. Im laughing my socks off.

• Advertisement

BluesBerry wrote: »
    She is a phycologist I think

Wish they would stop with the nappy thing its cringeworthy

No that's Celine, Gillian is the medium. No matter anyway just curious as to her second name.

Entertaining stuff anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

If I wanted to see Jedward screeching I'd just put a sign outside spar saying "hair gel sold out".

Also Medium just said we all have different abilities to detect the paranormal..... well I can detect bullsh*t.

RTE had a chance to make a really good TV show, and they blew it.

Very well put together. Funny and interesting. Not paranormal at all though! The poor medium lady did come across as such a cliche, ticked all the mystic boxes. The team came across well, good work guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was pretty happy with that!

I knew there was no way they could make a programme about a hardcore investigation because for 99.999% of the time thats sitting around watching screens or listening to hours of audio ..... that is not good tv!

What they did was good, they took 6 normal/interesting people and put them in a situation. After all its normal people who this show is made for. And I was delighted that it showed that the guys were willing to call bull****. Have alot of respect for the producers for showing that side of it.

Obviously theres bits left out but it was a few days filiming and a 53min show. NO regrest here.

cojack101 wrote: »
    RTE had a chance to make a really good TV show, and they blew it.

I love to know what they could have done to make it really good tv? I would change a few bits myself like voice over and some of the graphics/music but thats my professional opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The para research team came across well in it, I must say.
    The rest of it had me rolling my eyes so much I had to stop for fear they would fall out.

I thought the show was good hope they make more like it around other spooky areas in Ireland, it was good fun

The rest of it had me rolling my eyes so much I had to stop for fear they would fall out.

I was impressed that Bernadette called BS on the medium and more so that the production team had the sense to include it. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh now, I sat in tonight and watched it after Survivor and well I should have gone for an early shower..Why was it a bunch of kids, that whole napy thing was a bit sad in fairness..They could have had a lot better group, and I dunno Im not saying anything 6th but it would have been much better if they had just dropped them at the place, no paranormal team recording anything just set up cameras around the house..

In agreement with you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

That voice over guy ruined it, end off, he gave it complete cheesy edge.

Milly33 wrote: »
    Oh now, I sat intonight and watched it after Survivor and well I should have gone for an early shower..Why was it a bunch of kids, that whole napy thing was a bit sad in fairness..They could have had a lot better group, and I dunno Im not saying anything 6th but it would have been much better if they had just dropped them at the place, no paranormal team recording anything just set up cameras around the house..

Yeah with the nappy thing I stopped taking it seriously

They tried to be funny by keep mentioning it , it was just cringeworthy tbh

Yeah even I was freaked by the nappy bit ... didnt notice that myself while down there :\

• Registered Users Posts: 8,646 ✭✭✭Milly33

A tad silly alrite..At the start she had mentioned how she was used to feeling spirts and so around her so she could not have been that scared that she needed to use a nappy..It could have been so great tis just another bad remake of the golden oldie movies

6th wrote: »
    I was impressed that Bernadette called BS on the medium and more so that the production team had the sense to include it. What do you think?

Tbh she'd no credibility with me once I saw the black velvet cloak.:p

I think they should not have told any of them the stories until they had been there a while and see what they picked up or thought with out all of those suggestions.

Then again if you are bringing a medium or someone to deliberately stir things up engery/spirit wise it's gonna put a very different slant on things.
    No way I would have sat and done the guide exercise, or would suggest it be done with a bunch of people like that for the first time in a place which is meant to be active. But that is just my opinion.

• Advertisement

I think they should not have told any of them the stories until they had been there a while and see what they picked up or thought with out all of those suggestions.

They did bill it though as a show which would also be looking at how people react to suggestion etc.

Have to agree on the majority of what you said though. As an investigator I was just happy that they let us do our thing and that even though the 6 questioned things they accepted what we did. Meant alot.

It was good to see the gizmos and gadgets, trying to get stuff measured and recorded it the part of investigating the paranormal which has always intrested me.

What did you make of the evp 6th?

Wasnt the ideal set up for an investigation but was definitely an interesting project. I'm down in Kinnitty for another little something this week so will be nice to talk a look/listen when theres less people.

Oryx wrote: »
    What did you make of the evp 6th?

Actually what they didnt show was that the EVP was caught when it was just me in the room (and on CCTV) I heard some of it at the time, not far from my face and gestured to the camera. They didnt play all of it ... or even the best bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Blademan

6th wrote: »
    Actually what they didnt show was that the EVP was caught when it was just me in the room (and on CCTV) I heard some of it at the time, not far from my face and gestured to the camera. They didnt play all of it ... or even the best bits?

They didn't let the public here the better EVP's,

But 6th who is Big Dave ?? :D

I think the voice over guy has the hots for "Big Dave" ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Blademan

Hopefully Not, :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

The voice over sorta diluted what genre the show was. He was talking about the hair fella being scared of fairies, another person being scared of soup and the nappies thing. A step towards comedy I feel, intended by the producers, but the show didn't fit comedy/paranormal.

I thought when they doors were being opened and closed, it could easily have been RTE crew trying to up the "scare factor". It would really have been something if the doors where opened and closed like that. Though that is on the extreme end of paranormal activity. (par a ghost messing up ya mans hair)

Definitely a good start IMO, there were genuine people staying there and I think they did get scared. It's never good to base a paranormal show off a "Derek Acorah", who is the pivotal point of the show but only an actor. I reckon the series will get better as it progresses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    ouija board check

Who is the Gillian lady?

The alleged medium is Gillian Murphy. I hear that she claims to be an exorcist.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

Advertisement