Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Spooked"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Thats decent of ya:)
    the show was heavily edited...was glad to here the investigators say this was a very unusual situation for them..doing an investigation with a load of cartoon characters:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

The guy with the voice is ruining it lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

Thanks Peeps ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

I was flicking channels on the TV earlier and came across Fair City and guess who was on it? Only the medium woman. She plays the receptionist in the Doctors office. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daredevilfan

she could tell the carrickstown residents whats wrong with them before they see a doctor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

So she wasn't even a real medium :eek: only an actress for shame RTE for shame

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

BluesBerry wrote: »
    So she wasn't even a real medium :eek: only an actress for shame RTE for shame

000375d7-279.jpg

Thats the woman from Fair City I think everyone is refering to, Helen Norton. If not please link to the actress.As far as I know, Gillian Murphy is a real medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cojack101

If they were going to get somone from Fair City they should have gotten Mick Nolan

0003187a-279.jpg

*shudder* ughhh... gives me the heeby jeebys

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Grimes wrote: »
    000375d7-279.jpg

Thats the woman from Fair City I think everyone is refering to, Helen Norton. If not please link to the actress.As far as I know, Gillian Murphy is a real medium.

Gillian Murphy claims to be a real medium. She also claims to be an exorcist. She's just another faker and her sad performance on Spooked will do nothing for the velvet cloak industry.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Gillian Murphy claims to be a real medium. She also claims to be an exorcist. She's just another faker and her sad performance on Spooked will do nothing for the velvet cloak industry.

oh sorry, I didnt get the satire of the Fair City comments, I thought people were being serious.

• Advertisement

I shouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

000375d7-279.jpg

Thats the woman from Fair City I think everyone is refering to, Helen Norton. If not please link to the actress.

They look the same to me.
    As far as I know, Gillian Murphy is a real medium.

A shocking one if she really is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

ah its just a bit of telly. no point in getting your collective cloaks in a twist folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Blademan

000375d7-279.jpg

Just to add to this, the picture image above is not "Gillian Murphy" that was on the show.. Sure does have it's similarities though :eek:, But it's not her at all. ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

I know her input was edited for tv, but you guys that met her, what did you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

She's a nice woman but I saw nothing that would have me rate her as a medium. Just being honest. There was another session with the glass later that night and theres no doubt that she was applying pressure to the glass. The investigation team was very vocal about it as were some of the 6 and I was very happy to see the production team show that type of behavior being questioned.

So she's a cheat then -

6th wrote: »
    She's a nice woman but I saw nothing that would have me rate her as a medium. Just being honest. There was another session with the glass later that night and theres no doubt that she was applying pressure to the glass. The investigation team was very vocal about it as were some of the 6 and I was very happy to see the production team show that type of behavior being questioned.

A+ on that 6th, We (Investigators) made our concerns very clear and also did some of the 6x, But when Spooked production team let air that one of the 6x Bernadette let her opinions be known (About the Medium) which to me was well done and credit to them for doing so. And over all making that show was a lot of fun indeed. :D

6th wrote: »
    That was clear in the show, her finger was hooked, everyone elses was flat. She was coming out with some hokum that Ive never really heard from mediums, which is why I wondered if she was edited to come across like that or that was just her. Mediumship is something Im familiar with :) and her way of working struck me as unusual. I wondered if the production crew coaxed her into the cape?

Oryx wrote: »
    I wondered if the production crew coaxed her into the cape?

That's a no, I was told she does be at Charleville Castle at lot with the cape on!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

If spooked were serious.

1) They should of had the investigation team for 48+ hours
    2) She should of not known about the location or its history, go in and do your stuff and try to get percise factual information without knowing about it
    3) The group should of been investigation the whole building and forget about the trees outside.
    4) The voice over guy was a fail.
    5) Because the investigation team was only in for a short period of time and came later than the group, they only got EVP which is questionble to say the least as EVP isn't the best source. No visual video or anything of anything.
    6) They should of got a top medium as in a name. Just some of the ones like Billy roberts, Derek Acorah (:D ) David wells and so on. Just some one with a bit of a rep in the field. Its hard not having a clue who the medium is.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Spooked were serious. Serious about making the type of show that they made. It was not a show about a medium, it was not a show about Paranormal Investigators, it was not a show about Kinnitty Castle ..... it was a show about 6 regular peoples experiences in a location, reputed to be haunted.

If I were maing a show I would do some of what Keith above me mentioned but I was more than happy with the results of the show based on what their aim was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

KeithAFC wrote: »
    [...] EVP isn't the best source. [...]

I disagree. I rate EVP on its own very highly, but even more so if there's video footage of the area in which the recording was made to accompany it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jilltibet

Blademan wrote: »
    That's a no, I was told she does be at Charleville Castle at lot with the cape on!!

Well, if Halloween happens alot then yes, otherwise no, ha!

Blademan wrote: »

Well, if Halloween happens alot throughout the year then yes! It was the production teams idea and I would have been alot happier without it, I did ask a good few times if I could remove it - it was a killer walking around in that thing in the heat! As for the hooking of the finger - don't know where I got that habit from - have to agree - it does look like I was moving the glass but genuinely I wasn't. If someone was going to fake it - it would be a stupid thing to do with cameras on you! In the second session later that night, my finger dropped from the glass because it was moving too fast and I left it off, the rest of the group carried on so unless I had a glass on remote control???? Ha!!! Had a good time doing the show and I expected people not to believe what they saw and in some cases what they heard but I think it's awful that people would resort to personal insults - that's sad!

"That's sad."

So is pretending to be something that you are not.

Major Lovechild, allow jilltibet to say her piece without jibes, thank you. Its not easy to come here and risk being attacked, so if you have questions, ask, but keep it civil.

Oryx wrote: »
    Major Lovechild, allow jilltibet to say her piece without jibes, thank you. Its not easy to come here and risk being attacked, so if you have questions, ask, but keep it civil.

Oryx:
    I assure you I am keeping it civil. I am just not pandering to pretense.
    You will note from our past experience that I have sense of humour. You may not understand nor like my sense of humour but I have never been uncivil.
    In this thread I am most assuredly earnest and will conduct myself with all the civility and humility as my honesty can muster.

Can others say the same?

• Advertisement

Can others say the same?
    You're entitled to your opinion - after all, is that not what these forums are for? I do feel however that it is unfair to judge someone on the basis of an hour long heavily edited show when you don't know that person so by all means comment on the show or whatever you feel but I would ask you to only comment on personal experience instead of presumption, thank you for your comments.

Advertisement