Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Spooked"

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

jilltibet wrote: »
    You're entitled to your opinion - after all, is that not what these forums are for? I do feel however that it is unfair to judge someone on the basis of an hour long heavily edited show when you don't know that person so by all means comment on the show or whatever you feel but I would ask you to only comment on personal experience instead of presumption, thank you for your comments.

Correct! I am entitled to my opinion and mine is that you gave a decidedly poor performance on that hour long heavily edited show. I know that many will share my opinion and that yet others will try to have me reprimanded for what they see as attempted character assassination. This not an attempt at character assassination - it is my honest and civil opinion. If it was your intention to pantomime your part on the show then I applaud you and apologise for my opening statement. If it wasn't - then it stands. I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but those who perform in front of cameras are subject to criticism/praise.

Outside of that are you still an exorcist?

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

jilltibet, if you wanted to just focus on your mediumship etc, you should not of known about the location and to be honest, you should of been trying to pick up on things. Not telling them what is reported to be in the castle.

So i think it would of been better if you didn't know about the castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

6th wrote: »
    I was impressed that Bernadette called BS on the medium and more so that the production team had the sense to include it. What do you think?

Personally I thought this was the best part of the show, I also liked her open minded approach never know she could be newest memebr of PIGS? good show Mark although the "medium" was a sham but we all know it was for entertainment...painted you guys in a good light!

The alleged medium is Gillian Murphy. I hear that she claims to be an exorcist.

She actually has said this to me personally not second hand ...??????

Grimes wrote: »
    cryptic!

Hummm whats going on here????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Hummm whats going on here????

if you read the page that comes from dave, it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

although the "medium" was a sham but we all know it was for entertainment.
    Any chance of a serious program then..or is that possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

ultain wrote: »
    Any chance of a serious program then..or is that possible?

You want to make one? Or do a proposal for one and approach a production team?

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

I'd Love to..surely any organised experienced ghost hunter club in themselves i.e what their about what they research and how. would be a good premise for a serious production about the super- natural

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

ultain wrote: »
    I'd Love to..surely any organised experienced ghost hunter club in themselves i.e what their about what they research and how. would be a good premise for a serious production about the super- natural
    Check out Northern Irelands greatest haunt. For me, its the most serious and yet balanced show. A fantastic team, a medium on the show, clear investigating, no up nose investigation we see and really well produced. James Nesbitt is even the voice over guy.

The best show by a mile.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,601 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Finally watched this yesterday. Very poor show. It seemed to be confused in what its purpose was. It started as a "lets send young people to a haunted house to see if anything paranormal happens" but turned into a "lets send young people to a haunted house to see how they react to being scared"

Maybe the producers didnt have faith in the project? The voiceover was insulting to all involved.

The medium was what Id expect from a TV medium. I wonder she wanted to do the glass on the table trick or if the producers asked her to do it?

The psychologist seemed to be clutching at straws with her textbook commentary. It seemed rather pointless and didnt really add anything. They probably could have reduced her screentime to an opening comment and summary comment to contrast with perhaps the view of the medium.

Having the paranormal people there did give the show its only level of seriousness. But they should have been given more screen time early on to explain what to expect from a typical investigation and a better summary at the end. (i.e. how it compared to other investigations etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

I just watched this on the rte player thingy, I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest, mmm the medium, she in fairness hyped up the individuals minds at first, by letting them know there has previously been reported 'action' within the castle.

That to any person believe or non-believer, is going to set off some kind of trigger and their imagination goes into over drive. That really wasn't the best idea, surely these six people are already aware of that considering they've entered themselves into this programme???

Then the bit where they did the seance (the very first one) - it did feel by watching it, she was hoping for something to happen, I feel by watching that, the glass was being pushed by a few of the people. I was questioning if it can be done alone? As in one person doing it, the medium did get VERY upset in a way i guess, when one of the girls asked a simple question.

I'm still not sure what to make of it, for the majority , I think it was very staged for TV!

I am curious to know though, who was the paranormal team used in it?

Advertisement