Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Are these games any good

• 25-07-2010 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going buying a few games this week wanted to get other people's opinion of them i'm offline & only play Single Player.The games are
    Resident Evil 5,
    Red Faction Guerilla,
    Metro 2033 &
    Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

They're all pretty damn good titles.

RE5 - Enjoyable shooter, I'd recommend co-op if possible
    Red Faction Guerilla - Fantastic singleplayer, huge with fun destruction physics
    Metro 2033 - Very atmospheric, challenging and interesting singleplayer, definitely one of the best FPS to come out this year
    Burnout Paradise - Arcade racing at it's best, amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Metro 2033 - Very atmospheric, challenging and interesting singleplayer, definitely one of the best FPS to come out this year

I love fps's and i hated this game, thought it was very clunky and sold it two days after i got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is the A.I. Bot in Resi 5 really that bad.The Reason I didn't buy it on release,was cause most the reviews all mentioned it as a negative.The openworld stopped me buying Burnout Paradise,I loved Takedown & Revenge but the Openworld put me off Paradise.I already know Metro 2033 isn't a common FPS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

metro2033 isnt good the aiming system for shooting is poor id stay clear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

GTR63 wrote: »
    Red Faction Guerilla

Excellent game, very good fun, nice destructible environment. I have seen it for €12 pre-owned. Great value for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

For offline playing if you can find it I'd go for fallout3 game of the year edition or mass effect 2.
    Hated red factiion, res 5 is very good but fairly short.Burnout is good fun, metro is fairly mundane.

Meatwad wrote: »
    For offline playing if you can find it I'd go for fallout3 game of the year edition or mass effect 2.
    Hated red factiion, res 5 is very good but fairly short.Burnout is good fun, metro is fairly mundane.

Finished Mass Effect 1 & 2 both are outstanding,got Fallout 3 but when I escaped the Vault I found the Vastness of the World daunting.
    I went to a town called Megaton & just didn't know what to do to Continue the Story.I'm leaning towards not getting Red Faction,wasn't a fan of GTA IV & after finishing Red Dead it could only dissapoint.
    I'll get Burnout & Resi 5.From what you all are saying Metro doesn't sound great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Red Faction is more saints row / crack down than GTA IV i reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

GTR63 wrote: »
    Resident Evil 5,

honestly the only reason to consider resi 5 is that you cant get resi 4 on 360.

yeah its very lacklustre, it rethreads some set pieces from 4 over simplifies a number of elements for the sake of co-op and was very much a disapointment to me.

Not worth it unless you got a co-op partner who is fun to play with. Just for the novalty, there are better single player and co-op games out there easily.

Red Faction Guerilla,

Now I admit I got this for free in a competition, but its really fun game and the destructability will easily get a few hours out of you. Some missions are annoying and the story is a bit meh, but it does have these pretty cool destruction challanges littered around the map that are alot of fun and satisfying.

Overall if you can get it cheap its well worth picking up. Though I dont think the missions/story will hold you to the end of the game, time will pour into the fun stuff to do and just fecking around with destruction physics.

Metro 2033 &

havnt played, I have a policy of waiting to hear good word of mouth for most titles from Russia and eastern europe, as a reoccuring trend with titles I have bought before is initially really buggy messess (Stalker, Men of War being two big ones) forcing me to wait for a patch. Never bought a title for the console though so i'd be even more cautious personnally.
    Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box.

I love burnout, but burnout paradise's real charm is that its one of the best titles out there for good DLC (behidn fallout 3 and GTA4 but ahead of most other titles) so while I give this the thumbs up aswell, I'd consider its online portio is a big draw. While you can easily live with never touching Red factions multiplayer (but its also alot of fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Khyra24

I think getting Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition would be a great way to entertainingly waste some time. It's more action and less horror, unlike the previous titles, but since you'll be be playing single-player, you'll be stuck with the AI so it should be scary enough I'd say. It all depends on what your preferences are though...for all we know, you could hate Resident Evil 5 or Red Faction and you could love Katamari...or...DOA Beach Volleyball...I think everyone likes that one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Add Dead Space to the list OP if you haven't played it. Better than anything on there !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Keanosmagic

Resident Evil 5 is defo worth a go......agree that Dead Space also worth a look and Fallout 3 if you can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭icywind1980

If you want a good, scary, single player game, try Alan Wake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

+1 for Metro 2033. Intensely atmospheric shooter and a bit different to your usual bald space marine shooter that plagues the 360s lineup

also another +1 for Alan Wake, if youre after a great SP game, id put Wake head and shoulders above dross like Resi 5. Wake has a much more involving story and original setting than Resi 5 which is basically Resi 4 in HD but with a useless AI partner and every setpiece ripped off from Resi 4 only somehow worse

To Reply to some of the other Game requests.I finished Alan Wake last week great but it ran out of ideas late on.Fallout 3 just can't get into it & Dead Space I had but had to trade it in cause I was broke & needed Money to get a HDMI for my 360 what I played I enjoyed,but was wondering do you upgrade yourself at the Work Benches cause I felt it got harder & I wasn't updathng my Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

Yes, you're supposed to upgrade at the benches. You need Power Nodes to do this, although it's been awhile since I did a full playthrough so I'm not sure where to start there.

Yes, you're supposed to upgrade at the benches. You need Power Nodes to do this, although it's been awhile since I did a full playthrough so I'm not sure where to start there.

Thanks for the feedback may go out & re-buy this again.I didn't know I had to do it.I thought i'd find better weapons upgrades like Gears or Resident Evil.

Advertisement