Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching belkin routers

• 25-07-2010 6:15pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,basically I've had to switch the routers I'm using.I was using a Belkin model F5D7234-4V1 and using it with no problems.
    Today I've tried to connect up a Belkin F5D7230-4,at the start the connected light was flashing but that was because I had forgot to change my connection type to PPPoE.So now the connection light is on.
    Now the problem is I can connect to the network but not to the internet.I compared the settings between the two and the second 2nd belkin seems to have the following settings missing

Internet Settings
    WAN MAC Address
    00:**:**:**:**:**
    Connection Type
    PPPoE Subnet Mask
    Wan IP
    Default Gateway
    DNS Address

None appears in the blank fields but on my other router there all full???

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

try setting wan ip to auto and see what happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    try setting wan ip to auto and see what happens.

Ya whenever I click into that I'm brought to the "choose connection type" window :confused:

Advertisement