Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of a shortcut from ballybrit roundabout to racecourse?

Options
  • 25-07-2010 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

I'm working out there for the week, have no car and am getting the city bus out to ballybrit roundabout as the bus service to the racecourse is a rip off. Does anyone know if there is a shorter way to walk to the racecourse or do I have to walk back out along the main road?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

why not take the city bus #9?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Xiney wrote: »
    why not take the city bus #9?
    And that i'll do, thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

Could you get the bus into boston scientific and then cut across the fields?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

skelliser wrote: »
    hmm did that once when I had an exam out there. It being an industrial estate theres an awful lot of fences and that sort of thing, wouldnt fancy it again. I'd say getting the bus to parkmore would be the better option. I just hope there is pedestrian access from that side, I'm not really familiar with how its going to be layed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

skelliser wrote: »
    I think they have new fence up that stops people accessing the racecourse from behind HP/APC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Standman wrote: »
    hmm did that once when I had an exam out there. It being an industrial estate theres an awful lot of fences and that sort of thing, wouldnt fancy it again. I'd say getting the bus to parkmore would be the better option. I just hope there is pedestrian access from that side, I'm not really familiar with how its going to be layed out.

Absolutely there's pedestrian access - it's the 2nd major access way to the course! Roughly at 17 on the enclosure map. Or looking at it another way, it's number 5 on the Parkmore area map.

If you're going during "racing hours" (defined here) you'll have an extra 15 walk 'cos the bus stops at the Lynch RAB. Otherwise it goes right to the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i worked the races one year and they had private buses to bring people from town out to the racecourse.
    Dont know if they still do that.

As above there was a bus for the Lydon House people before the place opened going from Eyre Square but I'm not sure if they still do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

get the No.3 bus to ballybrit walk up a small bit and go under the roundabout it's only a couple of minutes walk from there..it's the best way

Advertisement