Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External Walls fungicide ? / Paint

• 25-07-2010 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭

House was plastered about 7 years ago, with white sand and cement, and parts of it were covered in red fungus ??
    I "blasted" it last week with a powerful power washer, probably not recommended for the plaster, but I didn't see any other way to get rid of it.
    Now the house is clean, although you can still see staining due to the "red stuff"
    I will be painting the house white.

Question, is it now ready for painting, or should I put anything else on it prior to painting ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

House was plastered about 7 years ago, with white sand and cement, and parts of it were covered in red fungus ??
    I "blasted" it last week with a powerful power washer, probably not recommended for the plaster, but I didn't see any other way to get rid of it.
    Now the house is clean, although you can still see staining due to the "red stuff"
    I will be painting the house white.

Question, is it now ready for painting, or should I put anything else on it prior to painting ?

hi, you should get mossgo fungiside. you just spray it on with a napsack. it will kill the root of the fungus. leave for a few weeks then paint away!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Thanks.
    If I did that, would I need to power wash it again prior to painting ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭eosirl08.

Thanks.
    If I did that, would I need to power wash it again prior to painting ?

yeah that would be the best thing to do. the spray kills the root of the algae so it shouldn't come back

Advertisement