Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

White Bar Tape?

• 25-07-2010 6:46pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭

.............shiny stuff, that doesn't get mucky.
    Holy Grail department?
    Any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Fizik is your only man.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,003 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

........that cleans easily?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

I had white grips on my dh bike and had no problem keeping them clean with a pressure washer and some lemon CIF stuff ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Planet X wrote: »
    ........that cleans easily?

yep, bit of Jif and it's pristine again.

Ah sure, I could just paint them gloss white every few weeks.

• Advertisement

el tonto wrote: »
    Fizik is your only man.

I take it that that's Fizik MicroTex then?
    Just read a few reviews on Woggle. Seems good alright.

Planet X wrote: »
    I take it that that's Fizik MicroTex then?
    Just read a few reviews on Woggle. Seems good alright.

That's it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭xz

Believe it or not, but pledge furniture polish works great on white bar tape, great for giving your bike a buff after cleaning too.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Defo the fizik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Fizik all the way !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Have some Fizik white microtex on order from last week from wiggle, it was slightly cheaper than CRC. The reviews are great but only downside is that it seems a little on the thin side so since I sometimes get a bit of pins and needles in the hands on long spins I got the Fizik gel also to go underneath. This seems to get good reviews also so hopefully it all works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I 've tried the white Fizik but although it's comfortable it didn't look that good on my Px. I have now BBB which is fine, maybe a bit too thick for someone's taste. It can be cleaned easily with Jif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Deda, clean up well.

Lizard Skins, really comfy but impossible to clean & expensive but really really really comfy.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

The Fizik tape is very good..15 euro in CSS on Sat. I have also used the Pinarello tape which is very comfy too (and the strips seem very generous in length too)

To keep it clean and sparkling, BABY WIPES are your only man!! (God knows what they put in them) but it is a very good idea to keep a few in the saddle bag/rear pocket to keep fingers and hands clean after any "on road" maintenance (Mr Schleck ruined his lovely bar tape after that Di2 mishap last week!!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

+ whatever number on the fizik, great stuff.

Might be worth getting the gel inserts, I have them on one bike and not on the other and the fizik tape is VERY thin, so if you like your padding you may need them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

can you pick this stuff up in Dublin CC (Cyclelogical or / Cycleways) ?

Advertisement