Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

King of Leon bottle a gig because of bird poo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭odonopenmic

Hang on sec, were the fans not also getting shat on (and not just because those blouses pulled the gig)?

Surely all those birds were out in the crowd too, letting loose. If I was in the crowd (though realistically, I would never be at a KOL concert - they really drive me nuts), and they pulled out after three songs because of poo and I was left covered in poo, I would be IRATE!

On the other side, a consumate professional will recognise that everyone is in the same boat, work that angle and just make the best of it. Of course it's unpleasant and disgusting and unhealthy, and all the obvious badness ad nauseum (hee hee) but for chrissakes suck it up and wear some hats, bleedin eejits.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

El Pr0n wrote: »
    A band has a duty to entertain.
    A band has no duty to you whatsoever. You don't own them. You pay them money and they perform accordingly. The venue owners are to blame for this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Valmont wrote: »
    A band has no duty to you whatsoever. You don't own them. You pay them money and they perform accordingly. The venue owners are to blame for this one.

Total b*llocks.

There may be a contract between you and the promoter, and separately between the promoter and the band, so therefore some kind of legal separation but...

When you're a fan of a band, you put work into attending their shows, you evangelise about them to your friends, you spread their fanbase through your enthusiasm, you buy their albums and their t-shirts, you have posters of them on your walls (or any lesser combination of the above). If a band or artist doesn't understand that there's a contract of trust between them and their fans, they quickly become regarded as crass sellouts and they live out their days far from the spotlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I think -Chris- nailed that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

Not a chance. They don't owe you anything. They make music and if you enjoy it you should pay accordingly. This idea that bands should prostrate themselves for the fans is disgusting. You proselytise to your friends about them? Why should they owe you anything for your behaviour? They are making the music for you, not sacrificing themselves for your support.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Bird Turd haha... anyone who says they shouldn't have to put up with it let me ask you who's money are they living off.. how many times have real fans had to put up with mud, P00 and piss soaked fields full of drunken assholes, drug infested rats, mickey mouse venues, sound like a tinfoil wrapper, soaking wet rain, standing for 5hours, enduring turdlike support bands, spending last bit of wages on new cd/tshirt... having to endure bringing packed lunches to work or not having a social life for a bit because you bought a concert ticket and wanna enjoy that... they turn up and a bird exfoliated on the jackets?? ooh it landed in(NO NO BESIDE) his mouth you say?? FUkcING use your hand ya spa!!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Zigmund

So, did the Sh!t hit the fans?

How has it been three pages without this pun being made?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BornToRun88

they quit a gig for that reason? did the birds poo on their heads and ruin their lovely hairstyles;)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

I'd like to think the pidgeon was just expressing his opinion of the music.

I've been to gigs where the drummer had to go off stage a number of times because he had a vomiting bug but he kept coming back and playing. That's dedication to your fans. KOL need to man up.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bootsy.

Right on, ElPron and others...

It hasn't been mentioned here but there were two support bands who also got crapped on throughout their gigs and they did their full sets regardless.

If KOL weren't such pampered p*ssies they would have had a laugh about it and made it something 'special' (sounds weird I know!) about that unique gig, and that time, that place, those circumstances.

Like was said before, it wouldn't have happened if they were trying to promote their first album.

And The Boss and the E-Street boys sure as hell wouldn't have given up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

I was at a pub gig in Galway last Friday night (race week) and these three young wans walked past the stage on their way out, all 3 of them pinched the lead guitarist on the arse while he was playing a solo. Didn't put him off in the slightest. This big drunk dude jumped on to the stage and knocked equipment over, then fell off and that didn't put the band off either. I guess that's the difference between KoL and proper pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,057 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

If it was just one bird **** id agree, being covered in the stuff could catch a number of things.

I dont buy this bands should push through it for thier fans thing, they are people too they shouldnt bee expected to work in filty conditions out of some perceived obligation to there fans.

it used to be about the music! I've seen Metallica play with hetfield recovering from 2nd and 3rd degree burns, Tom from Slayer playing through the pain barrier after back and gall bladder surgery, Primus playing through flu and stomach cramps, even slash was here a few weeks back with a flu ridden singer who managed to pull it off....canceling a gig because of bird **** is very lame....

Advertisement