Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of renting a 3/4 bed home in wexford

Options
  • 25-07-2010 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hope to relocate to wexford shortly and hope to rent a 3/4 bed house either in wexford town or with a 5 mile radius of it. Would appreciate any advice of where to live or how much to expect to pay? is there any wriggle room with the prices advertised on rentals on Daft/My Home?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anywhere from 140 a week up is average,probably room for negotiation as theres plenty of properties available.The only one I'm familiar with is Roche Property Lettings.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Goreygal

Depends on which side of town, what type of house etc you want.

I used Daft to research properties and average prices before I moved. I also took note of how long ads had been up (some were up ages). I was then able to challenge the Daft price by having evidence of like for like... e.g. there is a very similar house in next road for €x less per month.... would you be willing to match/beat that?

It worked for me but you do have to have your evidence (I had a sheaf of printouts and viewed about 10 houses over 2 days) :-)

Advertisement