Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hd not seeing free space.

• 25-07-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Ran out of space on hard drive deleted 4 gig of programs ,disk isn't seeing the free space ,any ideas ???>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭quaidox

maybe the deleted files are in the recycle bin and you need to empty it to free up the space?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

quaidox wrote: »
    maybe the deleted files are in the recycle bin and you need to empty it to free up the space?
    their not ,thanks anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you rebooted?

Have you rebooted?
    yes ,thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

Have you any other partitions on the computer?

Could you post a screen shot of "my computer" in "details" view so you can see the sizes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

try running defrag "X": /a

May just be glitching and not updating.

Or, is this vista? Shadowcopies could have been created in the new space.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

BumbleB wrote: »
    Ran out of space on hard drive deleted 4 gig of programs ,disk isn't seeing the free space ,any ideas ???>

Did you delete programs? instead of uninstalling them? :eek:

otherwise

kick it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

Did you get sorted?

Yourself wrote: »
    Did you delete programs? instead of uninstalling them? :eek:

otherwise

kick it? :D

Nope I uninstalled the programs. This is my backup computer which as slow as the people who work in the car tax office. My other computer is broke as well.I'm excellent at fixing PC's but this has me.I'll think I'll defrag the disk today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Check they are gone from program files, that the folders are not still there. Also, some games also create data files in my documents, for example, Civ and Football Manager I think do this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Gruaig

have you tried running chkdsk /f
    ?

Advertisement