Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laptop Sound

• 25-07-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey Folks,

Bit of a strange problem. I have a HP DV6000 laptop.

I recently got a amp for a large set of pub/club speakers. Anyways, I plugged in the 3.5mm jack from the laptop into the amp. All was fine initially. After some changing between different mp3 players etc listening to different songs, I plugged the jack back into the earphone socket on the laptop.

At this point I noticed something was wrong. The sound was very low, I couldn't figure it out to begin with. But subsquesntly found out that i could only hear sound through the right channel. What ever I tried I couldn't get the sound back to both channels.

I tried:
    Going fromn stereo balance to full left and full right, kept the sound in right only.
    Plugging ear phones into the second 3.5mm jack on the laptop, still in right only. Even though the amp was never connected to this.
    I formatted the laptop thinking it was something more serious.

I cant for the life of me figure this out, only other thing it could be is a break in some connection in the laptop outputs itself.

This only happens with the earphone jack, the built in speakers work properly.

Any body have any ideas?

Cheers.

Comments

Advertisement