Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dramatic Battle NI '10

Options
  • 25-07-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Dramatic Battle NI '10 is Northern Ireland's qualifier for this years <Super Versus Battle>. Courtesy of <QUB Dragonslayers> and <Neo Empire>.

Date: Saturday 14/08/10

QUBSU.jpg

Times:

• Casuals; run all day from 1200
    • BlazBlue - Continuum Shift(PS3); from 1300
    • Super Street Fighter IV (360); from 1530

Entry Fee:

• £2 entry, covers casuals only
    • £3 per tournament

Tournament Format: Group qualifiers into an 8/16 man double elimination
    Tournament Prizes: Winner takes all per game.

• Vouchers equal to the prize pot from a place of the winners choice.
    • Group seeding at SVB 20-X
    • Free entry into SVB 20-X
    • Free tournament entry at SVB 20-X

- It is not required of participants of the event to attend SVB 20-X.
    - All proceedings from the casual zone will be donated to a TBA charity.
    - Button binding is acceptable.
    - Participants are advised to bring a controller of choice.

If you gents have any questions, ask away!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

I'll head up to this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Too early to confirm but hoping me and the doomcam'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Too early to confirm but hoping me and the doomcam'll be there.

Hit confirm that sh!t into ultra!
    I'll head up to this.

Will be good to meet you man.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

sf4 and blazeblue??

Are you for real?

What about hdr??? 3s and tekken?

and all the other games

chunkis wrote: »
    sf4 and blazeblue??

Are you for real?

What about hdr??? 3s and tekken?

and all the other games

I think that the OP makes it quite clear that they are not being run at this years DB Chunkis.

• Advertisement

yeah but why?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blinn

Thinking of heading up to this- just one question. If I play in the casuals do I have to pay to watch the tourney?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I assume that's Super Street Fighter IV and not vanilla? Also, is it Continuum Shift or Calamity Trigger?

yeah but why?

Because its very unfair having an all Street Fighter event on those who are fans of different fighting games. Out of T6 and BB, there are more BB players. So it makes sense that the second game is BB.
    Blinn wrote: »
    Thinking of heading up to this- just one question. If I play in the casuals do I have to pay to watch the tourney?

As long as you pay into casuals you are free to watch the tournaments.
    I assume that's Super Street Fighter IV and not vanilla? Also, is it Continuum Shift or Calamity Trigger?

I should have clarified that =/ *goes to editor*

mr_kyle wrote: »
    Because its very unfair having an all Street Fighter event on those who are fans of different fighting games. Out of T6 and BB, there are more BB players. So it makes sense that the second game is BB.

what no pit fighter? :mad:

• Advertisement

mr kyle your logic is flawd, sf4, hdr and 3s are all completely different games, you can`t compare them to each other just because they have street fighter in the title, they have as much right to be in this event as blazeblue, considering the attendence at the last event in dublin i would say HDR is the 2nd most popular fighting game in ireland, followed by 3rd strike.

Why do these games and the players who play these games get the raw deal?

Explain that...

mr kyle your logic is flawd, sf4, hdr and 3s are all completely different games, you can`t compare them to each other just because they have street fighter in the title, they have as much right to be in this event as blazeblue, considering the attendence at the last event in dublin i would say HDR is the 2nd most popular fighting game in ireland, followed by 3rd strike.

Explain that...

To be fair up in ye olde north it's a different sitch to down here. We couldn't keep a T6 ranbat going but they did.

His reason for not having HDR or 3s is because they are called street fighter, that kind of talk is why ireland is still living in the dark ages.

These games are different games, i am not saying blazeblue has no players or that people don`t play it, i know they do, but what am saying is that other games deserve a chance too, especially if they are proven to have a larger number of players playing them, wouldn`t you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

A wider variety of games could improve attendance.

His reason for not having HDR or 3s is because they called street fighter, that of talk is why ireland is still living in the dark ages.

These games are different games, i am not saying blazeblue has no players or that people don`t play it, i know they do, but what am saying is that other games deserve a chance too, especially if they are proven to have a larger number of players playing them, wouldn`t you agree?

Blaz blue is the only game I see being played regularly besides SF4, tbh.

It might come down to funding too.

If SvB are offering free entry, then it should be no issue, but if it's coming out of the DS funds then only having two games is understandable and best to go with the two games likely to have most players which are SSFIV and BB:CS.

Blaz blue is the only game I see being played regularly besides SF4, tbh.

BB players are the only ones with the balls to turn off SF4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

This has now become Dramatic Topic '10

If I'm available I'll be there as always.

This has now become Dramatic Topic '10

Keeps it near the top and on boards front page.

This is a good thing for the DS lads :)

• Advertisement

It might come down to funding too.

If SvB are offering free entry, then it should be no issue, but if it's coming out of the DS funds then only having two games is understandable and best to go with the two games likely to have most players which are SSFIV and BB:CS.

If i see anymore text from you, i will call the dole you pikey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Will be there.

Two Tuesday sessions probably won't be enough to adapt to CS though. :pac:

If i see anymore text from you, i will call the dole you pikey!

Resorting to name calling is a clear sign you've lost the argument.

Resorting to name calling is a clear sign you've lost the argument.

Ive not lost anything and this isn`t an argument. I couldn`t be botherd replying to what you said, because i know neoempire and how they work.

The only reason i am making noise about this is because i want to come to belfast, win all the tournaments and get free entry to svb.

LOL.

mr kyle your logic is flawd, sf4, hdr and 3s are all completely different games

You are completely stating the obvious for some reason. Are you trying to suggest that I do not understand that those games are different?
    , you can`t compare them to each other just because they have street fighter in the title,

I did not compare them at all. The choice was not based on name; thats just how you have misinterpreted what I have written unfortunately.
    they have as much right to be in this event as blazeblue, considering the attendence at the last event in dublin i would say HDR is the 2nd most popular fighting game in ireland, followed by 3rd strike.

Explain that...

Fair enough, but please bear in mind that your opinion has no sway over what we do up here.
    His reason for not having HDR or 3s is because they are called street fighter, that kind of talk is why ireland is still living in the dark ages.

As I have stated, that it not the reason regardless of what you choose to believe.

At Q-Con, BlazBlue got more players than HDR or 3S. It makes perfect sense that BlazBlue is the 2nd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

considering the attendence at the last event in dublin i would say HDR is the 2nd most popular fighting game in ireland,

Just spotted this now, but strictly speaking HDR wasn't even played at all at the last event.

Twas classic ST.

Now that I think about, I'm not sure I've EVER been at an event in Dublin where HDR was being played.

A lot of people here seem to have a lot of problems with the changes, so it always loses to ST in votes.

By HDR he meant SF2 in general. HDR is a controversial subject. I like the game but some of the attempts at balancing were a bit stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Explain that...

In short, it's his (and others of course) event and he can run it as he likes. Events in Dublin get a different attendance than those in the North; thankfully later he has stated that BlazBlue has a bigger following.

You can give feedback but at the end of the day, choices are made and not everyone is going to be happy.
    GorySnake wrote: »
    A wider variety of games could improve attendance.

But also means more admin work, etc. Better to see an event run well than an event with 000's at it.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Just spotted this now, but strictly speaking HDR wasn't even played at all at the last event.

Twas classic ST.

Now that I think about, I'm not sure I've EVER been at an event in Dublin where HDR was being played.

A lot of people here seem to have a lot of problems with the changes, so it always loses to ST in votes.

Isn't ramza the only person who made noise about that. AE, ST, HDR I'll play whatever's on, and I think most people feel that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

No it was Ramza and Dreddy. With Chopper and Xinkai on the other side.

And that was totally about AE.

HDR hasn't gotten that many negative vibes (although Gory seems to have an issue with).

I don't know about this. Should be able to make it up though.

Advertisement