Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange non BSOD crashes.

Options
  • 25-07-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I've been getting these for a small while now and it's starting to aggravate me a lot.

I'd get this sudden crash after an hour or two of playing any modern game. Both monitors would freeze and I'd get a half second of looping sound but no BSOD.

I was figuring it was a PSU issue and after changing out the PSU it seemed to alleviate the problem a lot but it's still there. Now it just takes about four or five hours to happen. My CPU is a Q6600 and it idles at about 30C across all four cores and goes to 47C at load. 57 if I'm video editing.

I've also tried changing the ram and that hasn't helped.

It doesn't seem like a GPU (GeForce 260GTX) issue because usually when that happens, my second monitor cuts out. I also keep the fan on it at 100% and it rarely goes over 50-60C.

Has anyone ever encountered an error like this before?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Possibly RAM?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Chaos Marine

I've checked my ram with Memtest95, left it running all night long and no dice. I even went a head and swapped out the ram and still no good.

Advertisement