Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can i go see a doctor?

• 25-07-2010 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Im currently receiving Supplementary Allowance until my DA allowance form goes through.. I dont have a medical card..Is there anyway i can go see a doctor?! Obviously i cant afford to pay full visitation fee as i was able previously when i worked...Do i have any options?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

lukep13 wrote: »
    Hi,

Im currently receiving Supplementary Allowance until my DA allowance form goes through.. I dont have a medical card..Is there anyway i can go see a doctor?! Obviously i cant afford to pay full visitation fee as i was able previously when i worked...Do i have any options?

You need to rely on the generosity of the GP. He/she may be understanding. You will have to pay for any medicine you may need though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

unless you have a medical card most doctors will make you pay not good i know when you have nothing to live on but if you are going make sure you get your medical card forms before hand so you can get doctor to fill them in so at least you get seen to and forms filled in all the the gut churning €50 you are about to hand out

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lukep13

Thanks for the replies. I really want to go get some counseling.. I want to get back to work, this dole/sitting at home is no fun, it just makes you go more crazier:D

I remember long time ago there was a clinic where it helped people, you paid what you were able to afford cant remember the name perhaps someone will remember it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

not sure of the clinic your on about but i do know that if you need counselling via medical card there is a 6month waiting list as per my doctors say so other than that you would have to pay to talk to someone and that is very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭lukep13

6 months? I think im going to start going to church:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

lukep13 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I really want to go get some counseling.. I want to get back to work, this dole/sitting at home is no fun, it just makes you go more crazier:D

I remember long time ago there was a clinic where it helped people, you paid what you were able to afford cant remember the name perhaps someone will remember it?
    Living Life Centre in Bray (and I believe there's one in Dun Laoghaire) do affordable counselling. I attended in 2007, the waiting list was long alright, but not half as long as the HSE counselling!! There are probably others... those were the ones recommended to me at the time.

Advertisement