Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online backup data server?

Options
  • 25-07-2010 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭

This may be the wrong forum, but I'm looking for some recommendations for online backup and sharing of business data.

It would be for an existing business, basically it would be a remote server where multiple users can access centralized information online quickly. I've looked at iDrive etc and they seem appropriate but I'm not all that familiar with the whole thing.

Advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

How much data would you be looking at accessing every day?

Some ideas, could be to, get a 50Gb Dropbox account share folders on it, and have all other users connected to it..

or if its mostly downloads, use a service like KeepITsafe.ie to backup your files with a client on each machine.

or even a combination of both

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Thanks for the reply. The info probably wouldnt be accessed every day to be honest. The business is small so its more a case of having all client and project data centrally stored so that if someone is on holiday they dont have the necessary info on their laptop at home.
    I'll check keepitsafe.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

KeepITsafe is more for just online backups.. BUT you could use them for the above.

Your best off talking to them, sound lads, ask for a demo. Free and Painless way to try the service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭jpl888

The other question is do you want to trust somebody you've never met with your sensitive data?

We all know companies make mistakes.

Advertisement