Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

icing topping

Options
  • 25-07-2010 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi There,
    I am trying to learn how to make icing topping.
    What I am asking is not the recepie as I can easily find it on the internet, however what I need to know is the type of creamy cheese that needs to be used as all the receipies I found seems to be very vague on the actual name of the cheese. Could it be philadelphia?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

if the recipe calls for cream cheese, they mean philadelphia. The stuff in the foil packet is best used for baking/icing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Even a supermarkets own brand cream cheese will work too. Just make sure it's full-fat, and not "light," because the reduced-fat not only affects the taste, but the consistency/stability as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 girasole225

Thank you guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

icing sugar, a drop of boiling water (or orange juice if you're feeling fancy). Mix it together quickly into a paste then work it onto your cake with a palate knife (dipping it into occasionally a jar of hot water to keep it smooth) and then wait to cool.

Easy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

The icing on this link http://pinchmysalt.com/2009/02/04/red-velvet-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese-frosting-recipe/

Is possibly the best icing I've ever tasted. Deelish! And it piped out perfectly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement