Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Abysmal game IMO. Probably enjoyable if youre into pretending youre an actual vampire or LARP'ing or some ****, for everyone else, it was crap. Play something like blood omen or soul reaver for a game about non-gay vampires
    Aren't those 2 completely different types of games that just happen to have vampires in them? Are they even RPG's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Blood omen and soul reaver are set in the same universe as each other and Soul reaver was a spin off from blood omen but the stories intertwine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legacy_of_Kain

I wouldn't class them strictly as rpgs as there really are no choices to be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

crikey that brings back memories, as cheesey as it was
    I loved the art work on Mark Rein·Hagen original book
    for the roleplaying larpy type thing. I had no interest in
    larping but liked the drawings, Liked the short
    lived TV-Series (think one of the main characters died in a motorcycle accident) and did not mind the game,
    although it sucked resources from the PC was buggy as hell
    and I got bored and never finished it.

The first vampire RPG game I got for the PC was a game
    called bloodnet in 1994, Based around cyber hackers and vampires. It was the first game I had where the game detected attempted to hack or change the saved game file
    and would not play if you tried to hack it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JICsNrqZQhs

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bullets wrote: »
    crikey that brings back memories, as cheesey as it was
    I loved the art work on Mark Rein·Hagen original book
    for the roleplaying larpy type thing. I had no interest in
    larping but liked the drawings, Liked the short
    lived TV-Series (think one of the main characters died in a motorcycle accident)

Strangely enough the lead man was beheaded in that motorcycle accident :eek:

Bloodlines is still a cracking game for all its faults though, theres a lot of community patches out there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Playing it on unofficial patch 7. What a class game, pity I missed this 1st time around. usually old games don't hold my interest for long but I haven't played any other game since starting this. Love how you can approach missions in such different ways.

2 things -

1 - Is there anyway to tell the lock difficulty of a door before attempting to pick it?

2 - I picked Toreador (good mix of skills) but he looks and runs hella gay. Anyway to change the skin without messing up the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Loved this game, Loved Redemption even more, it was the friggin best.

Reading this thread makes me want to go searching for my old copies and boot them up again.

Could take ages though, as I recall these games are from the era when 6-8hrs was still only the start of a game, most new games are over in that length.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Lab_Mouse wrote: »
    AFAIK CCP games(which make the MMORPG game EVE)Bought the company that made the vampire rpg(whitewolf? will see if I can find a link) and had intended to make a Vampire MMORPG.

I thought the game was bugged as hell but was different to play and caught the atmosphere perfectly(dont remember any gay vampires though:rolleyes:)

This is all correct. Their official standpoint is still a release date for late 2010 but I somehow doubt that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Zillah wrote: »
    This is all correct. Their official standpoint is still a release date for late 2010 but I somehow doubt that.

Their official line is that there is no official line :pac:

although this is interesting, from one of the dev's blogs...second last paragraph

http://www.justinachilli.com/blog/2010/7/18/announcement-shotgun.html

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Bambi wrote: »
    Their official line is that there is no official line :pac:

Eh, they're not exactly being very subtle about it. CCP released a video demonstrating some new clothing animation technology. Notice a visual theme here?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Good game but never completed it due to bugs and a broken mission. Some great atmosphere. The Ocean House Hotel level in particular is one of those game experiences that you never forget, like the Cradle in Thief 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

If I bought this through Steam would I be able to get the community patch working?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

If I bought this through Steam would I be able to get the community patch working?
    Should be able to. I know I've installed mods into some of the TW games I have on Steam.

Only issue is that I'm running a Steam emulator on my Mac that allows me to play all Steam titles, prolly should've mentioned that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Only issue is that I'm running a Steam emulator on my Mac that allows me to play all Steam titles, prolly should've mentioned that!
    :D
    No idea then tbh. Soz.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

Played this a loooooong time ago. Really enjoyed it. I remember having to switch off the Hotel level because I got a dose of the shakes. :pac:

Did anyone else find the end-game heavily tilted in favour of melee classes?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

KingLoser wrote: »
    Did anyone else find the end-game heavily tilted in favour of melee classes?

I was too busy smashing **** up with my giant hammer to notice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i am feeling an urge to go back and play this again but i have sooooo much to play :(
    i played it through before with a Gangrel character, which one would you suggest i go for next if i throw it back on?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Last time i played i think i cheated, and gave myself all the powers. Having persuade, intimidate, flirt and the malkavian options wa great fun, and since i'd already played it, didnt really spoil anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

as a fellow Mac user any details on how you did this ;) ?

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    as a fellow Mac user any details on how you did this ;) ?

Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Mmmhh very interesting, I'll check that out when I get home from work.

Does it work well?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I'm pretty sure it does; I actually started initial work on the installer itself for Wesp but then got sidelined (my father was ill) and someone else took it over.

I think where VTMB still holds up really well is in the characters; your vampire--pirate mentor (voiced by Bender!), the old lothario movie-maker in Hollywood, the ex- you bump into; no RPG has really come close to the range of quests and characters. It really is a must-play, even if you never actually finish the game.

P.

Advertisement