Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EA MMA Game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Plus if you share the demo [God only knows how at this point]

On the main menu in the demo choose "Unlock Classic Randy" (i think thats what its called anyway). The you need 300 points. You get 20 points for just inviting someone on your friends list and you get 100 points if they download it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

DLC for fighters is a load of crap. How much will they be charging for each one?

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    DLC for fighters is a load of crap. How much will they be charging for each one?

Ya, I really don't wanna pay for DLC fighters. I know there are some exclusive fighters already if you prepay for the game like ref Big John Mcarthy. Plus with that feature fighter share, just let some talented guy with a load of time on his hands to make the ufc fighters and jsut download them for free. Other than that, I don't think there will be any other fighters that i'd actually pay money to have in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

sheehy83 wrote: »
    On the main menu in the demo choose "Unlock Classic Randy" (i think thats what its called anyway). The you need 300 points. You get 20 points for just inviting someone on your friends list and you get 100 points if they download it.

Thanks sheehy83. I think I'll wait for the inevitable DLC release of Classic Randy.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

Its supposed to be the same system as Fight Night and similar to the one in FIFA 11. You dont have to pay for them there all free :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If they are free then it's not so bad :)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

If they are free then it's not so bad :)

You can get pretty much anyone too. I have people like Michael Jackson and Obama in fight night the people who make them are pretty talented and being able to use gameface means nobody looks out of place in the game

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Thanks sheehy83. I think I'll wait for the inevitable DLC release of Classic Randy.

add my PSN sheehy83 and send me an invite. I sent out 20 invites, mostly to people who I knew wouldn't even play this game but f it, its only a message they get that they can delete, as long as I get my classic Couture (who I'll probably only use once!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I started playing this over the weekend and got battered around the place on Medium and utterly destroyed the computer on Easy, so clearly I'm doing something wrong... :) I'm not getting the groud and pound right - I think I need to spend a lot longer reading the instructions on the moves ...

I'll see if I can get some of these questions surrounding DLC fighters etc answered, but my dealings are with EA's PR Agency, not with EA themselves, so it may not be possible.

Dav, yeah big complaint on the ea forums about the difficulty differences. But topic turned to muck when they were all complaining that Legend is too easy and they are finishing fights in 6 seconds. I think its fine. I win most times on medium, 50 50 on hard. Impossible to get out of a choke on hard tho.

One guy posted that his biggest wish for the full game would be to have DLC fighters. I mean wouldn't you just wish they were put in the game in the first place? The only DLC fighters that would be interesting would be UFC fighters (not gonna happen) or legends like Royce Gracie (and I think he has a deal with THQ now?)

Dav will you get a copy to play early for review or anything?

• Advertisement

Yea, I'll probably have an early copy for review purposes alright. No doubt myself and DeVore will get stuck in (we're both big MMA fans).

Dav wrote: »
    Yea, I'll probably have an early copy for review purposes alright. No doubt myself and DeVore will get stuck in (we're both big MMA fans).

Ah lucky man! Let us now how the full game plays when you get it!!

5 part interview with game designer Rocky Rivero now up on

http://www.vgrevolution.com/tag/ea-mma/

Part 5 will be up later or you can watch it now on the link below:

http://vgrevolution.blip.tv/

Part 5 is all about career mode. Sounds absolutely class!

Training sounds brilliant! I cannot wait for this game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

5 part interview with game designer Rocky Rivero now up on

http://www.vgrevolution.com/tag/ea-mma/

Part 5 will be up later or you can watch it now on the link below:

http://vgrevolution.blip.tv/

Part 5 is all about career mode. Sounds absolutely class!

Training sounds brilliant! I cannot wait for this game!
    That sounds class. The main problem with UFC was the brutalness that was known as carreer mode. Havn't even played the demo yet but I think I will be buying this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is there only a Career mode for Created fighters or could I use Moussasi or other real fighters.Also i'm wondering how Randy Couture will be used in the Career mode you won't exactly be fighting for Ufc in this.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Is there only a Career mode for Created fighters or could I use Moussasi or other real fighters.Also i'm wondering how Randy Couture will be used in the Career mode you won't exactly be fighting for Ufc in this.

Nah, career mode will only be for created fighters. They will have other play modes for the real lads. Randy is one of the trainers. He will teach you moves at Extreme Couture. Bas Ruten is your main trainer but you get other trainers at camps around the world like Rickson Gracie in Brazil for a bit of BJJ. Class concept.

Some good news from one of the lead Devs on the ea forums after a barage of complaints about the demo.
    easw.EA_VicLugo wrote:I've said this before but things can be hard to find so here it goes:
    hundreds of AI bugs have been fixed.
    takdown frequency has been reduced.
    adaptive tendencies have been improved.
    We've fixed the defensive exploits with the spamming of body shots on the ground.
    The career mode AI is very diverse so like someone
    pointed out some AI won't even go for takedowns.
    We can update AI online.
    Expect a more refined, intelligent AI in the final version of the game both in fight now and in career mode.

Some more info on career mode. Inof from EA Dev on link below

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2815694.page
    1. Money--It is a very basic economy. You spend it on travelling to different trainers. You earn it by fighting. Bas sets up all your fights for you, so you can only earn extra money by winning. Yes. You read that right. You do not get to pick your opponent. I know, I know...trust me...I know. I figured I should bring this up now since you're going to find out in reviews anyway. I cannot get into why this is other than to tell you that the decision was made in the best interest of the overall Career experience for both this title and future sequels.

2. Special Moves--You can earn 16 and there are 27 total. Each one is distinctly unique.

3. CAF's--The limit is 50. The only difference between a max manual CAF and a max Career CAF will be four fewer special moves available. And no, I do not know if a CAF walkthrough is coming. I don't make those decisions. Sorry.

4. Shorts--You can, indeed, put logos there.

5. Why No One Has Been Answering Your Questions--I had the audacity to take a vacation after we wrapped.

He also says you will only be fighting in 1 weight division. No moving during career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Some more info on career mode. Inof from EA Dev on link below

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/2815694.page

He also says you will only be fighting in 1 weight division. No moving during career.

Hopefully that'll be changed in future versions.
    I'd rather if you could swap between weights more than once(like in Fight Night 4, I think it was.

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »
    Hopefully that'll be changed in future versions.
    I'd rather if you could swap between weights more than once(like in Fight Night 4, I think it was.

Ya, sounds like they are just trying to get the basics down with this one first. Don't mind really as the career already sounds way more fun than Undisputed's already.

on the ea forums, a couple of guys have the full game and answerin questions about it. sounds like a lot of improvements since the demo. hopefully they will post some vids soon

Some guy just posted a screenshot of some nicknames.

The Irish Hand Grenade is in. hahaha

caf4.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭oneillryano

on the ea forums, a couple of guys have the full game and answerin questions about it. sounds like a lot of improvements since the demo. hopefully they will post some vids soon
    Does anyone know if you'll be able to put "dublin, Ireland" as your hometown? unlike UFC09 and 2010? it annoyed me so much seeing as the UFC was in dublin, still they didnt bother to put ireland as an option for birthplace or "fighting out of" in the game.

Does anyone know if you'll be able to put "dublin, Ireland" as your hometown? unlike UFC09 and 2010? it annoyed me so much seeing as the UFC was in dublin, still they didnt bother to put ireland as an option for birthplace or "fighting out of" in the game.

I would say 80% Ireland can be chosen as a home country as the nickname Irish Hand Grenade is in. I don't think you can pick cities though. All American fighters are 'Fighting out of the United States' for example.

I would say 80% Ireland can be chosen as a home country as the nickname Irish Hand Grenade is in. I don't think you can pick cities though. All American fighters are 'Fighting out of the United States' for example.
    nice one cant wait to create myself and soccer kick the **** out of nick diaz

nice one cant wait to create myself and soccer kick the **** out of nick diaz

HAHAHA exactly man!! photo gameface should be class as well.

Some guy put up a lot of vids he made himself -

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3261740.page

The soccer kicks looks so class!

Excellent EXCELLENT vid of training in career mode. Watch in 720!

HAHAHA exactly man!! photo gameface should be class as well.

Some guy put up a lot of vids he made himself -

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3261740.page

The soccer kicks looks so class!
    yeah do i need a PSEYE for the photo gameface or can it be any oul picture?

• Advertisement

yeah do i need a PSEYE for the photo gameface or can it be any oul picture?

Nope, any ole pic will do. Just take a phot of yourself and upload to ea website. Then you can download it while in the game menu. You can go one better and take a side shot of your face as well and use both photos for a better face model.

Nope, any ole pic will do. Just take a phot of yourself and upload to ea website. Then you can download it while in the game menu. You can go one better and take a side shot of your face as well and use both photos for a better face model.
    Yep now i definetley can't wait for this game!

Dav, did you get the game yet to try out or will you only be sent that after the release date?

Got confirmation from a Dev on ea forums that you can spectate other peoples fights. Not only that, but you can set up a private card where a bunch of us could go to fight. We would all be watching the exact same thing, each others fights until it was your time to fight. You can also access the replays and highlights of your last 5 fights and upload them to EA's website.

I think this is so class! We tried a tourney of Undisputed 2009 on PS3 when it first came out but was so hard to organise, between lag and people not around at certain times. With this tho, you could pick a night and get up to 10 people to take part in fights while the others watch and judge you (then slag you on Boards!)

Definitely wanna get a tourney up and running a few weeks after its release!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

It a be kool if 3 of the guys watching could judge it too but suppose that would lead to favourtism and a whole host of others problems but the game seems to be shaping up nicely

I've been told today that my review copy is on it's way along with my copy of Medal of Honor on PC :) I should have it today or tomorrow I think.

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    It a be kool if 3 of the guys watching could judge it too but suppose that would lead to favourtism and a whole of others problems but the game seems to be shaping up nicely

That would be a brilliant idea! Like if you could just invite friends only to judge, they should have that in the next game!

EA are holding a live launch event at 2am. You can watch on ustream and chat with devs. Fedor & Jacare will be there apparently.

http://www.ustream.tv/easportslive

EA are holding a live launch event at 2am. You can watch on ustream and chat with devs. Fedor & Jacare will be there apparently.

http://www.ustream.tv/easportslive

Any reviews yet sheehy83,i'm kinda worried that I haven't seen any.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Any reviews yet sheehy83,i'm kinda worried that I haven't seen any.

The NDA (I think thats what it's called) was lifted yesterday so reviews should start pouring in soon. Here is one from Joystiq although Gametrailers is the one I trust most.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/19/ea-sports-mma-review/

score:
    4/5

Another review - Gamepro

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/216960/ea-sports-mma-review/

In other news, THQ & UFC extend their deal to 2018. EA said they would be interested in teaming up with the UFC brand and replace THQ but looks like this is out the window now. Both companies will release a game every 2 years. Next games from THQ and EA will be out 2012.

Would have been better if they released games on alternating years so we could have best of both worlds but this should really push THQ to put out a quality product in 2012.

• Advertisement

Well, I finally got my own review copy today (Xbox) and there was a PS3 version thrown in too. Now normally, I'd consider doing a competition to give it out, but I think given how much he seems to be looking forward to it, I'm going to post this out to our man sheehy83 here to do a review for us all. With a bit of luck this won't be the last time I have an opportunity to do something like this for you guys.

DeVore and I will be getting stuck into it on Thursday when we both have the evening off (which translates as "we're less mental busy that night and we're already doing something else together so we'll do this too :)" If I have time tonight, I'll get stuck in and post first impressions tomorrow.

In the mean time, here's a video that came with my review copy which I think pretty much explains what all this is about.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Top man Dav!! Looking forward to this game so much and now I get to play it before release date!!

Will gladly write up a review for it and even more glad to kick yer asses online. my psn is sheehy83, feel free to add me.

Still can't get over this, absolutely class! :D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

2 vids from the devs showing advanced moves

Standup

Ground game

Fair play for giving Sheehy83 a Free Copy Dav,he's been excellent on this forum.Probably will pick this up myself next week Moneys a bit tight for this week.

Cheers GTR!!

Here is IGN's review:

IGN - http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1128966p2.html

OXM review - http://www.oxmonline.com/article/reviews/xbox-360/a-f/ea-sports-mma

Both reviews suggest this being better than Unisputed 2010. Good news but really wouldn't be that hard!

Oh and here's a great vid of Randy playing the game against Fedor with Big John at a Gamestop launch. Fedor looks like he well getting into it!

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=12930&zoneid=13

Gonna DL the demo later and try and get some gameplay in before the weekend!

Gonna DL the demo later and try and get some gameplay in before the weekend!

Hey Neil, you should know that a lot has been fixed in the main game since the demo (dev said 100's of fixes)

New review from Computer & Videogames - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=270619

Hey Neil, you should know that a lot has been fixed in the main game since the demo (dev said 100's of fixes)

New review from Computer & Videogames - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=270619

Yea I read that on a different MMA site. The game was getting slated on account of the demo, but a few people added in that the main game is a lot better?

Yea I read that on a different MMA site. The game was getting slated on account of the demo, but a few people added in that the main game is a lot better?

I was reading the same and will gladly (hopefully) confirm when mr. postman delivers my copy!

Don't really agree with Computer & Videogames review. They say
    Undisputed 2010 is a better game because more known fighters, better commentary & better presentation. Thats great an all but absolutely useless if it takes me 6 months to complete career mode because its so frustrating and boring. Gameplay has to come first. Most reviews are complaining that EA is lacking well known (ufc) fighters but ea's official site has fighter share up and running and some class caf's made so far or Velasquez, Lesnar and Mir. Gameface helps!

Lads, sorry for spamming this board altogether but just keep hearing about cool features.

Online fight cards.

Create a public or private fight card - max of 4 or 5 fights. Give the card a name and invite friends or wait for public to join.

Will be like watching a live card of fights until it is your turn to play. Not only this but it has open chat so everyone can chat before, during and after fights. This would be very class to taunt your opponent or have spectators slagging your fighting. One of the lads with the game confirmed this but I def want to try this myself to confirm. Oh also, no complaints of lag yet and if you quit the fight, you get a DNF record.

• Advertisement
Advertisement