Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scopper's racing log

Options
  • 25-07-2010 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭

On advice from other members I'll be starting up my own horse racing log. I'm no expert - more a punter who tries to collate the advice of experts and put it to use. I try to gather a few sources, do a little math, and whatever seems iffy gets the drop. I tend to spread 20e over most days looking to break even or a profit if lucky [this being more or less the general experience interspersed with some proper luck to keep you going]. If I hit a heavy loss midweek I stop as will the log for that week.

I'm also a massive fan of doubles/trebles on the cheap (2-2.50e).

I'm always happy to get a stern warning or advice before placing money so let me know if you think my choices are skewed.

I'll start be making the decision in the morning but so far for tomorrow I'm eyeing Windsor 6.10 Majestic Dream and Wolverhampton 5.00 Golden Creek.

Not sure how I feel about backing either at the moment but these are the ones that feel safest on tomorrow's card. Depending on the market tomorrow I may begin the week with a small doubles bet on both. I'm a firm believer in starting safe on Monday or else I end up too discouraged!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Best of luck mate, hope it goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Black Baccara 14:15 Yarmouth 5/2 (William Hill, free bet). placed
    This seems to me the most straightforward bet of the day. Going for this due to the shorter race and the decent form in the last. But really it boils down to the competition on this one for me. I just don't see a real challenge here. Worth a decent bet (or a free bet as is my own case).

Dreamy Gent 19:00 Galway 10/1 Not placed
    Pure punt. Nothing but the odd whisper going around on this one but looking at it objectively this race is up for grabs with any number of horses really. I'll throw a euro or 2 on it due to the decent odds and hope for the best. Not one to take too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,012 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Good luck with the thread scopper. :)

Gone with black baccara myself but wouldn't say there's no real challenge with pocket's pick in the line up, Could be a threat!

baraca wrote: »
    Good luck with the thread scopper. :)

Gone with black baccara myself but wouldn't say there's no real challenge with pocket's pick in the line up, Could be a threat!

True. Technically there is always a challenge but I guess relative to many races it is a pretty solid bet but in betting land solid means something different than most people imagine :D

Not a good day for my main bets. A few cheeky Galway bets did yield one winner in
    Notalossonya putting me back to where I started. Hoping tomorrow is better.

• Advertisement

Mujaazef 7-1 Galway 7.00

Perhaps an overly safe bet but got stung yesterday. My heart says Atasari but my funds say Mujaazef. I'll keep an eye on things over the day but this is my main bet of the day.

Cheeky double on Corsica at 7-1 Goodwood 2.45 and Satwa Moon at 9/1 Goodwood 2.15. Not much chance of this coming in but I like both the horses and couldn't resist some kind of stake on them. A fun bet at 2.50.

Raising this from the dead as I now have time to look at the cards.

1pt for me this time is 5euro.

Today's selections:

Southhall
    Ebraam 15/8 to win 12.05 1pt unplaced
    Phase Shift evens to win 12.35 2pt unplaced
    Indefinite Hope 9/4 to win 1.45 1 pt unplaced
    Local Diktator 20/1 e/w 2.20 0.5pt unplaced

Wolv
    Whispering Spirit 9/2 to win 3.15 1pt unplaced
    Ivan Vasilevich 6/1 to win 3.45 1pt unplaced

Total wipeout today

Silaah 7/2 Southwell 2.05 5pts (max bet)

scopper wrote: »
    Silaah 7/2 Southwell 2.05 5pts (max bet)
    placed

Silaah placing puts me in a good position for some bank building today. Depending on how today goes I'll either be set for the next few weeks or toning down again.

Southwell
    15.05 Shifting Gold 4/1 to win 3 pts placed
    15.35 Yossi 13/2 e/w 2pts

Betfred free bets (time to use this up)
    Southwell
    12.35 Francis Albert 12/1 to win 1 pt unplaced
    13.05 Spirit of Dixie 6/1 to win 1 pt unplaced
    15.35 Dr. Valentine 25/1 to win 1 pt
    Kempton
    13.50 As de Fer 16/1 to win 1 pt unplaced

• Advertisement

Have these 4 as doubles, trebles, and mini-acc.

Leop
    1.25 Quito De La Roq @ 7/1 placed
    2.00 Rigour Back Bob @ 7/1 placed
    2.35 Joncol @ 6/1 placed
    Ling
    1.40 Silaah @ 8/1 placed

All placed!

Advertisement