Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA MMA

Options
  • 25-07-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭

New trailer for this.

Soccer kicks FTW!! biggrin.gif

After the disastor that was Undisputed 2010, I hope this has the gameplay to back up the class ideas of career mode and gameface!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This game looks great compared the robotic UFC game. Shame it doesnt have the big name fighters of the UFC. May pick this game up depending on how the reviews go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

was kinda disaponited by UFC 2010 so hopefully this will make up for it. at least EA have proper online gameplay unlike the shambles that THQ have. Who knows, maybe next year EA could aquire the licence for UFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

If this plays well then I will definately buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Who knows, maybe next year EA could aquire the licence for UFC

i doubt that will ever happen..

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15490/ufc-president-dana-white-says-ea-sports-responsible-for-current-mma-video-game-war.mma

there was very little actual gameplay shown in that video, and what was there looked sluggish and slow..

Roar wrote: »
    i doubt that will ever happen..

http://mmajunkie.com/news/15490/ufc-president-dana-white-says-ea-sports-responsible-for-current-mma-video-game-war.mma

there was very little actual gameplay shown in that video, and what was there looked sluggish and slow..

Dana pisses me right the **** off sometimes. Big John McCarthy, arguably the best ref in MMA signed with EA for the game thus he doesnt ref in the UFC anymore. Hes a ref, a ****ing REF. Unnnnnngh
    "We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," White said.

WTF seriously. He comes out with some ****. Dont get me wrong hes a great ****ing buisness man but he always gets defensive as **** when **** doesnt go his way.

Unnnnnnngh. Ok i should stop this isnt the right topic or even the right board to talk about such things. EAs game looks a hell of a lot better than the UFC game actually played. Undisputed is a poor fighting game with the UFC brand plastered on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Dana pisses me right the **** off sometimes. Big John McCarthy, arguably the best ref in MMA signed with EA for the game thus he doesnt ref in the UFC anymore. Hes a ref, a ****ing REF. Unnnnnngh

He hasn't reffed in the UFC for years. Well before the EA/Dana ultimatium.

The state althletic comission chooses the refs. Big John let his licene expire in the state of Nevada, where the UFC hold most of it's events.

Well dont i feel stupid. Still dont much like Dana :P
    I read it somewhere on the net, probably Sherdog or something like that and thunk it to be true considering i havent seen him ref in the UFC in quite some time

• Registered Users Posts: 29,845 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well dont i feel stupid. Still dont much like Dana :P
    I read it somewhere on the net, probably Sherdog or something like that and thunk it to be true considering i havent seen him ref in the UFC in quite some time

Haha ya, Sherdog is def not the most reliable place for mma info. Big John is a legend. Just watched UFC 2 again last week. One of my favourite MMA events by a long shot! Such a pity THQ made such a balls with the technology they had. Brilliant gameplay (except for subs and the way you can't land an extra 5 hits after the KO like last year!) with worst career mode in any game and damn awful online. I need an MMA fix and it looks like so far EA will have to do.

New 16 min gameplay vid showing the demo, due out next week, being played by dev and tester.

Cant wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

I was all hyped about UFC 2010. I was let down by it in the end.

So, i am trying to stay away from this game untill the reviews kick in. I saw some of the gameplays and honestly i think the gameplay is really chunky !

We will wait and see.

• Advertisement

Achievements have been revealed!!! well for xbox anyway but they should be the same for trophies.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/ea-sports-mma/achievements/

Some excellent trophies in there!! Way WAY better than the impossible/mega boring ones in UFC

So, the demo for this out today. Out on xbox since this morning but slow Sony were releasing it tonight (most likely just on US store and then EU tomorrow).

Anyone know if it is up yet? I can't check as I'm in work.

Thanks.

Its up on the US PSN right now. EU PSN is slow as usual, may as well say they update on a wednesday instead of a Tuesday. Downloading it on the Xbox at the moment, 1.2gig

The Impossible:
    Beat Fedor on the hardest difficulty level in single-player Fight Now

Haha. I wonder who is gonna have the highest stats in the game :P

Just got the head punched off me by Bobby Lashley in full mount. Man i love MMA but i dont think these MMA games are for me, very frustrating. Feels like a new genre of game, different from the usual fighting games i play. There was also something off about the sound, like it lacked atmosphere or something, then I realise there is no commentary. I hope the full game has commentary. On the fence about this anyway. Have to play more of the demo to understand the intricacies of the MMA games

As this game has been mostly discussed on the MMA forum, I wanted to post here to see if people are getting it for the PS3 specifically as the 10 man fight cards you can set up sound absolutely class! PS. Now that a few people have the full game, sounds like a lot of bugs have been fixed since the demo and this new career mode vid looks like it's gonna blow Undisputed out of the water!

Here's my post from other board:
    Got confirmation from a Dev on ea forums that you can spectate other peoples fights. Not only that, but you can set up a private card where a bunch of us could go to fight. We would all be watching the exact same thing, each others fights until it was your time to fight. You can also access the replays and highlights of your last 5 fights and upload them to EA's website.

I think this is so class! We tried a tourney of Undisputed 2009 on PS3 when it first came out but was so hard to organise, between lag and people not around at certain times. With this tho, you could pick a night and get up to 10 people to take part in fights while the others watch and judge you (then slag you on Boards!)

Definitely wanna get a tourney up and running a few weeks after its release!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I wanted to post here to see if people are getting it for the PS3 specifically

I am waiting for some proper independant reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jmx009

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    I am waiting for some proper independant reviews.

Same here. I had my hopes so high when UFC 2010 was announced. I was absolutely let down by that game. I hope EA' MMA will be a lot better.

Ya, I think UFC 2010 was the biggest let down in game history (well up there with the biggest anyway) you think i'd be a bit cautious for this but what I have read and seen, I just can't wait to play it!

Advertisement