Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marta: She may be a woman but...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Any vids of the Swedes?
    They looked shexy.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

baz2009 wrote: »
    Any vids of the Swedes?
    They looked shexy.:cool:

Big clits.
    But Marta ain't Swedish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

She is the greatest player the world has seen in ladies football IMO. Outstanding left foot on her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

mars bar wrote: »
    She is the greatest player the world has seen in ladies football IMO. Outstanding left foot on her!

I've got an outstanding left foot too, hit the crossbar once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

At the risk of sounding sexist I just don't think any female footballer would cut it at the top level of the mens game , it goes back to the same argument in tennis where the ex pros and even some of the current pros say that the womens champion wouldn't beat any man that qualified for Wimbledon.

• Advertisement

curry-muff wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding sexist I just don't think any female footballer would cut it at the top level of the mens game , it goes back to the same argument in tennis where the ex pros and even some of the current pros say that the womens champion wouldn't beat any man that qualified for Wimbledon.

To be honest, I agree with ya. Physically, it would be just too much to handle. Skill wise, I think Marta would give it a very good shot but there isn't too many after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

FunkZ wrote: »
    I've got an outstanding left foot too, hit the crossbar once :D

You must have long legs :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

eh.....Serena and Venus .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

You are not being sexist, just realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

thebullkf wrote: »
    eh.....Serena and Venus .....

They would not have a hope. Their biggest advantage is their physicality. Against a man that would be completely negated. Just could not handle the power and fitness of a male professional. They could beat top amateur players and the juniors (some not all though). But not a top male professional in a grand slam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭thebullkf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

FunkZ wrote: »
    She'd excel in a team like Rangers!

We wouldnt be able to afford her. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

To be fair i couldve put together a highlight reel like this one from the streets that made me look like a supstar also!!

Re: tennis. Do you honestly think that Serena Williams could not beat any male player that qualified for wimbeldon? Ever? Guys i realise it is your opinion but your opinion is wrong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mars bar wrote: »

Pfft, a poor woman's Mia Hamm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

mormank wrote: »
    Guys i realise it is your opinion but your opinion is wrong!!

Because you've seen her do it?

I can't believe Marta is only 24. She seems to have been around for donkey's years.

Because you've seen her do it?

I can't believe Marta is only 24. She seems to have been around for donkey's years.

Well are you saying that if Serena Williams played the bottom seeded male player to manage to qualify for wimbledon in the past couple of years that he would bet her 100 times out of 100?? Really?? Think about that for a sec...If you still think you are correct dont bother replying...You win!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,528 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's very little to choose between the top and bottom seeds in the Men's competition at Wimbledon. That very little is usually enough to make the difference in a head to head but you sometimes get shock results and even unseeded teenagers winning the thing outright. This is over a series of matches of five sets, so these aren't the kind of freakish 1-0 results you sometimes get in football.

But don't take my word for it, take Serena's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,142 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

There's that great story where Karsten Braasch played both Venus and Serena, in a row and destroyed both, despite having played a round of golf, having a few beers and smoking earlier that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    There's that great story where Karsten Braasch played both Venus and Serena, in a row and destroyed both, despite having played a round of golf, having a few beers and smoking earlier that day.
    ha nice one, i looked it up from http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/5-7-2001-3246.asp
    This is how Braasch remembers the day: "They came into the ATP Office and said that they would like to play one of the men," said Braasch. "I just happened to be in the room and they were saying that they thought they could beat someone who was ranked 200 in the world. At the time I was No. 203 and I said: "If you think you can beat me, we can go out there right now." With Serena, the score was 6-1 and then Venus came and asked to play, and I said, ‘if you want to play, we can play’. That was 6-2." "When they first came in they were looking at the media guide because they had seen someone practicing who they thought they could beat, and they wanted to know who it was. It was Francisco Clavet. When they said that, there were 10 guys on the floor."

"Afterwards, Venus spoke to the press and said that maybe she could actually beat someone who was 350 in the world. But the thing is that I was due to lose all my points from the 1997 Australian Open the next week so I told the press "OK, we can do it again next week when I am 350 if you like!"
    funny stuff

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Pfft, a poor woman's Mia Hamm.

D'Oh! Forgot about her.

That US team she was with when they won the WC used the Saw Doctors "To Win Just Once" as their "theme" tune!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I remember years ago Perugia were after this one here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/3093147.stm

It didn't go through in the end because she was afraid she'd end up in the reserves. It was Perugia's president Luciano Gaucci who sacked South Korea's Ahn after Ahn's goal knocked Italy out of the Worldd Cupin 2002, bit of a nutter president probably explains why he wanted a woman on his team.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is this the tennis forum?

There's very little to choose between the top and bottom seeds in the Men's competition at Wimbledon. That very little is usually enough to make the difference in a head to head but you sometimes get shock results and even unseeded teenagers winning the thing outright. This is over a series of matches of five sets, so these aren't the kind of freakish 1-0 results you sometimes get in football.

But don't take my word for it, take Serena's.

I guess as far as internet arguments go this would be check mate to you sir! :pac:

I still cannot believe it tho and choose not to til i have seen it with my own eyes! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Is this the tennis forum?
    I wish there was such a thing :p

Advertisement