Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van Rental?

Options
  • 25-07-2010 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Anyone rented a Van recently around Limerick?

- Where should I go, who has decent Large Vans going at a reasonable rate etc.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Head to Hiravan at Lyons of Limerick.

I have tried other places but they have the best vans in the best condition.

Beware of your insurance company wanted between €70-100 to temporarily change over your insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hadn't considered Insurance Company might want to rob me :(

I will tell them in crystal clear terms that I don't mind paying a reasonable admin/insurance fee, but if I feel I am being ripped off I will leave them that day.......

- Hate Corporate Irelands love of extortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

My Insurance company wanted €75 for up to 48 hours and I hired it for 24 hours. 4 weeks later I hired a van again for 24 hours and they wanted another €75. They could understand that I paid for up to 48 hours weeks beforehand and wanted to use the remainder.

It took hours to argue it out.

Hibernian through Onedirect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 honda50man

my bro has a large van if you need some stuff moved

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

honda50man wrote: »
    my bro has a large van if you need some stuff moved

Ask the Bro if he is on for a little light lifting and getting the job done, date would be on Sat next. seems like a better idea to move a few €'s within the Boards.ie Family than to be handing it over Companies or to Sean Quinn through my insurance!!!

- Tell him to have a think about what fair ballpark figure he'd need to cover time, labour, diesel and make it worth his own time etc and if the figures add up then we'll make sure he is happy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Im another one for Hiravan. Rented one earlier on in the year. Perfect condition transit and insurance didn't charge me any more.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I rented from Enterprise in Limerick. I had no problems with it, and was very cheap at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Go up to Darren in Hiravan, he will look after ya bout 50 quid a day

Advertisement