Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kansas City Wizards v Man United Match Thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

kmart6 wrote: »
    Macheda shoulda took that!

Which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

mars bar wrote: »
    *evil eyes*

That was uncalled for! :(

Ah no, I'm only joking.

HOW DID THAT NOT GO IN?!!!?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Bounced off him :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Brilliant play by Cleverly. Excellent!
    Giggs should stop worrying about going through the middle in a direct route, we can beat them on the wings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Cleverley looks a decent young player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Which one?

this one

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Which one?

I hope to god this two Macheda's shíte doesn't catch on. :o:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

How have they not equalised yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

On a plate. piss poor effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

class cross from welbeck. He looks raring to go this pre season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Turning the screw now. Some ball by Danny.

Pity Fergie didn't make the changes earlier. We're looking much better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I take it back. Nice ball from Welbeck. and Cleverly played nicely before that.

Piss poor

Welbeck has definitely been one of the positives on this tour so far.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Le King wrote: »
    I hope to god this two Macheda's shíte doesn't catch on. :o:o

Oops! :p

I like how vocal Amos is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Headless stuff. Would love to see the possession stats. :rolleyes:

Ha, ah well.

Terry Vaughan is terrible.

Oh that had to hurt!

• Advertisement

Well done to the Wizards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Friendly or no friendly. Thats disgraceful. And on that note, Im off to bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Thats was crap. Rooney wherfore art thou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Pretty woeful performance from United tonight. :(

Makes Hernandez's arrival so much more exciting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Not good from us but its another game under our belts and thats all that really matters. Fair play to them, they defended well with 10 men for the whole second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Cheer up it was just a friendly in warm weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Awful stuff overall you would have to say. We looked better with Cleverley, Welbeck and Obertan on.

Gibson was a disgrace, his positioning is terrible. We had no option but to punt long balls up the field while he was on, as he seems incapable of showing for the ball with any sort of regularity. Then when he did have it, he misplaced his pass or got caught in possession. I really fear for us if he plays regularly this season.

Smalling looks composed on the ball, but defensively he was all over the shop. Rafael still looks naive defensively, sometimes he nearly seems too eager. Diouf really showed absolutely nothing.

Amos looked ok, he had one very good save. Nice to see Nani getting some game time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Not overly bothered not overly impressed either though.

Wizards are well ahead in terms of fitness, stamina, strenght and the fact he had 10men probably helped them have a more defensive minded approach and a siege mentality sank in.

UNited neverly really tore them apart and neverly really created any proper great chances. More half chances and decent efforts but with more players returnign and their touch and vision and mentality comign back around to competitive nature I suspect that lose might actually help strengthen the players for the coming weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Gibson just had a family member die, his head might not be in the right place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Gibson just had a family member die, his head might not be in the right place.

This is true, but what worries me is that, that is typical of his positional play generally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Terrible performance last night - no positives to really take from the game, though Obertan, WElbeck and Cleverly did improve us when they came on.

Defensively we were all over the place, not one of the defenders impressing and Raf having what I feel was possibly his worst performance in ages - all over the place.

Berbatov and Diouf did very very little, but to be honest i do find it hard to really blame them for it. I feel (as I always do!) that the midfield was the problem there. the ball retention and movement was shocking from our midfield and we showed no really ability to tackle and win the ball back - the problems I fear most with United were evident last night in that performance.

I will have been a good work out for the lads but it is a worry that we simply have not performed at all on this trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Really hope Fergie keeps Cleverley and plays him more like what he did to Gibson last season, the guy has a bit of class about him and is as enthusiastic as they come. If he is loaned out I hope its to someone who will actually play him. He certainly is not afraid to shoot, just needs a bit more compusure and that will only come with more experience.

Obertan impressed a few times with his runs, although his final ball is still bad. Welbeck really impressed when coming on and Kiko certainly should have scored at least one. Overall Kansas deserved their win but seeing as its only a friendly I am not overly concerned, however I do wish some of the strikers can start contributing more. THE ONE was awful in the first half, how many more chances would he have needed to score before his nightmare was ended by Fergie?

Advertisement