Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip-off Meath (2010) thread

Options
  • 25-07-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭

The Palace nightclub, Navan: are they for real?

€12 to get into this place last night, Saturday 25 July 2010. The place was black with people. I was expecting it to be, maybe, €5 or even free in an attempt to secure our custom. Fat chance. So much for a recession.

Obviously, I didn't pay it.

Please name the scumbags individuals and companies here from across Meath who are still overcharging for their goods and services in 2010.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Emerson

Dionysus wrote: »
    The place was black with people.

So you want them to lower the price even though they're busy? Ever hear of supply and demand? It's not just a meath thing. They could charge 50 euro and if the place is jammers then that's the price people will pay. It's always going to be that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Saucy price alright. Place is always packed, what recession I was saying to myself last time I was there. Was offered anything I wanted from one member of the clientele! Needless to say that probably would cost a small fortune too!
    From the looks of other bars aroud time there appears to be no shortage of money in pockets.

I persume the piano bar was free entry? That stays open till 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Solar is too expensive aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Solar is €15 on a friday and €10 Saturday, €8 Sunday. Is the palace any good these days havent been out in 9 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

€6.80 Return - Bus Eireann, Ashbourne to Dublin.

Joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

€5 or free into a major nightclub on a Saturday night!??

What are you smoking!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Super Valu Trim. Seems like the average price increase is about 20% in the past month or two. Must be to pay for the new renovations on the store.

€15:20 return from Navan to Dublin??

Bus Éireann can go f*ck themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭sofireland

I agree re Bus Eireann to dublin from Navan is mad expensive for 30 mile journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Showtime Cinema: Whats the thinking here, lads?

1 large Coke & Popcorn 8.90 hmmm...ok.

2 Small Slushees and a Small Popcorn 9.40 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭gerbo

Supervalu Johnstown. The manager there must be having a laugh. I for one, have had enough of his laughing and drive past it on my way to Lidl.

Navan Summerfest. An attempt to gouge money from the people (and especially parents) of Navan. Stalls selling cheap cr*ppy "toys", a wellie throwing contest for kids (I'm not joking), stalls selling crepes for absolutely crazy money, an icecream van, which, when I actually decided to buy my daughter one, had run out, and to top it all a man with a thick accent shouting into a microphone at people in boats in the Boyne, while deafening the onlookers that had gathered to watch this incredible "entertainment".

I felt ashamed of my country when I took my German girlfriend to this excuse for a festival.

The level of sh*tness displayed may actually deserve a thread of its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

lukesmom wrote: »
    Solar is €15 on a friday and €10 Saturday, €8 Sunday. Is the palace any good these days havent been out in 9 months!

Free in through the Arch bar on a Friday tho

washiskin wrote: »

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

washiskin wrote: »

That's expensive. Now if that was the price of both offers with a ticket then it's fantastic value but on its own.... Nah I'd steer clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭BlueNemo

I was expecting it to be, maybe, €5 or even free in an attempt to secure our custom.

Feck, you're never gonna get that.
    Free into Solar on Friday now though, and they got their 3euro drinks back. Happy Days.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Rafa1977

Aura Fitness centre 500 euro for the year!!! Are they on drugs!!!. I remember when I lived in Blanchardstown I paid 275 euro in Westpoint Gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

Rafa1977 wrote: »
    Aura Fitness centre 500 euro for the year!!! Are they on drugs!!!. I remember when I lived in Blanchardstown I paid 275 euro in Westpoint Gym.

I paid €175 for 14 months for Westpoint last November, that obviously includes the swimming pool and everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

draffodx wrote: »
    €5 or free into a major nightclub on a Saturday night!??

What are you smoking!?

Nothing. I've just lived in Dublin where free in on a Saturday night, especially before a particular time, is not unusual. People in Navan are getting very bad value, and businesses like this deserve to be put out of business if Navan people want to start getting better value. Boycott them.

PS: And dare I say it, the Palace is not really a major nightclub. It was a small rural cinema when I was a kid. Oasis in Carrickmacross, now that was a "major" nightclub.

Nothing. I've just lived in Dublin where free in on a Saturday night, especially before a particular time, is not unusual. People in Navan are getting very bad value, and businesses like this deserve to be put out of business if Navan people want to start getting better value. Boycott them.

PS: And dare I say it, the Palace is not really a major nightclub. It was a small rural cinema when I was a kid. Oasis in Carrickmacross, now that was a "major" nightclub.

The Palace isn't the major nightclub in Navan anyway.

If you dont wanna pay it, complain, You wont get very far though, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Skr4wny

The fact that anyone goes to the Palace or the Solar is far more worrying than the price.

• Advertisement

Skr4wny wrote: »
    The fact that anyone goes to the Palace or the Solar is far more worrying than the price.

Probably because there isnt really anywhere else to go

BlueNemo wrote: »
    Probably because there isnt really anywhere else to go

That's like justifying vandalism and delinquency by saying there was nothing else to do! :-p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

BlueNemo wrote: »
    The Palace isn't the major nightclub in Navan anyway.

If you dont wanna pay it, complain, You wont get very far though, trust me.

Where is then? The solar in it's day, before the palace opened, packed in 1200 Friday and Saturday but these days they're lucky to draw in over 100 on a Friday night. Palace is definitely the MAJOR club in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 nalorac

NufcNavan wrote: »
    €15:20 return from Navan to Dublin??

Bus Éireann can go f*ck themselves.

Seriously, It's cheaper to get from Dublin to Waterford (€12.50) then to get from Navan to Dublin

Ridiculous!

nalorac wrote: »
    Seriously, It's cheaper to get from Dublin to Waterford (€12.50) then to get from Navan to Dublin

Ridiculous!

And Waterford is much nicer!! :p

nalorac wrote: »

Ridiculous!
    You sure about that? Absolute disgrace if true. Bus Eireann are laughing. They know we have no train line to Dublin, so will continue to fleece us.

Its free into spots in Dublin but then they fleece you on the price of drink!

I was in one spot recently where I got a bottle before eleven and it was €5 and after eleven it was €6!!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Conor_M1990

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Where is then? The solar in it's day, before the palace opened, packed in 1200 Friday and Saturday but these days they're lucky to draw in over 100 on a Friday night. Palace is definitely the MAJOR club in town.

There both Major Nightclubs like there is only 2 in the whole town

Solar is for the younger crowd Palace is for the older crowd thing that annoys me about the Palace is that over 21 rule

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

There both Major Nightclubs like there is only 2 in the whole town

Solar is for the younger crowd Palace is for the older crowd thing that annoys me about the Palace is that over 21 rule

I wouldn't agree. Solar get's what the palace won't allow in. It's the fallout club.
    I hate that over 21 rule as well though being 26 it doesn't affect me. I worked in Solar for years and they had the same rule in place once and I disagreed with it back then. Unfortunately some mid 20 year olds don't want to be in the same club as 18 and 19 year olds. Don't ask me why. It sohould be against the law to discriminate based on age but the vintners got the rule bent for them.

Anyway I wasn't saying one club is better than the other. I was simply shocked at someone saying the palace isn't the major night club in town. I'm not too fond of either but I know which one I'd want the profits from at the end of a night!

• Advertisement

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I wouldn't agree. Solar get's what the palace won't allow in. It's the fallout club.
    Hmm, Now I wouldn't agree with that.
    This is kinda getting a bit off topic :rolleyes:

Advertisement