Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Sako Quad Bore Guide

Options
  • 25-07-2010 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Looking to get me one, have done without thus far. What makes are we using and where do we get'um?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

johngalway wrote: »
    Looking to get me one, have done without thus far. What makes are we using and where do we get'um?

Moly :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Nah, already use moly in the Remington. Wouldn't mind getting away from it next rifle actually, a UK based smith told me it's not the best for our climate because of moisture reacting with it, or something like that, didn't sound good either way.

Just want to tidy up the Quad cleaning operation, have a guide for the .223 and they work very well.

Nah, already use moly in the Remington. Wouldn't mind getting away from it next rifle actually, a UK based smith told me it's not the best for our climate because of moisture reacting with it, or something like that, didn't sound good either way.

Just want to tidy up the Quad cleaning operation, have a guide for the .223 and they work very well.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009TPH9G/ref=asc_df_B0009TPH9G1154015?tag=stylefeeder-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B0009TPH9G&linkCode=asn

I love Lube, Can't have enough lol

Moly I firmly believe made my rifle shoot better

Yep, noticed that in another thread, about the lube. Eh, I'll leave that at that.

From memory it's a spechul bore guide, finicky insides in the Quad, sent off an email to Reloading Solutions, they may have something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Moly :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What has that got to do with a bore guide. Using Moly does not exempt you from cleaning. It may reduce fouling and make cleaning easier, but you still need to clean and you still need a BORE GUIDE.

Antway back to the original question. I have heard a few lads talking about this John and the 2 i remember are the Sinclair one and the the Lucas (one or two piece) bore guide. I have no idea what they are like as i overheard these recommendations and have not used them. There is always the magic of GOOGLE. Should answer any questions you have about them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

hi john i have heard tell of these bore guide things before, i like to keep my rifles nice and clean are they worth having or just a gimmick:)

Yeah I'm on Google now, just come off the Sinclair site, asking after extra chamber mops for the .223 as well.

I'd not heard of the Lucas one, I'll take a look now, thanks ;)

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    hi john i have heard tell of these bore guide things before, i like to keep my rifles nice and clean are they worth having or just a gimmick:)

I like the one I use for the .223 Poulo, keeps the jag from tipping anything it's not supposed to, keeps solvents out of the action. I wouldn't be without it to be honest. Lot of gimmicks out there, guides aren't one of them IMO.

- Hoppes Universal is the one I'm using ATM.

ezridax wrote: »
    What has that got to do with a bore guide. Using Moly does not exempt you from cleaning. It may reduce fouling and make cleaning easier, but you still need to clean and you still need a BORE GUIDE.

Antway back to the original question. I have heard a few lads talking about this John and the 2 i remember are the Sinclair one and the the Lucas (one or two piece) bore guide. I have no idea what they are like as i overheard these recommendations and have not used them. There is always the magic of GOOGLE. Should answer any questions you have about them.

Ah I do give her a clean, now and again. we have swabs in work. Kinda look like cotton wool buds but non fluffy.

I don't clean the bore, Did I say that out loud :)
    Cleaning_Swabs.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Hey Poulo, this is probably the most common one around.

proshot_bore_guide.jpg

They are useful as John said for protecting the breech and chamber from scoring and scratching when using the cleaning rod and preventing any fouling from the barrel coming back into the action.

The one pictured above i think goes for about €25 and comes with 2 or 3 heads to suit different calibers.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

thanks lads i'll investigate tomorrow and see if i can pick one up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Have a Mike Lucas one, will get some pics up tomorrow, great piece of kit!

Reloading Solutions have a bore guide for Sako Quad .17HMR and another for .22lr, both £12.70 + VAT and presumably postage. Think I'll just get one of those, the one I was looking at on Sinclairs site was almost $30 plus postage.

Advertisement