Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present for Wedding Afters

Options
  • 25-07-2010 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I was invited to the afters of an old friends wedding and not sure of what present to give.

Background:
    We drifted apart after leaving secondary school about ten years ago but we had been 'best friends' for 6 years before that. I haven't seen her properly recently, only in passing, and I dont know the groom-to-be. While I recieved an invitation by post, she has since created a 'facebook event' of the evening and so I'm not entirely sure she's not just filling the room :( Id love to see her on her big day anyway so this doesn't bother me greatly.

Im not working at the moment (not high on funds) and so I was thinking perhaps finding out the wedding location, getting a nice snap of them and framing it in a nice frame for two of them circa €25 might be appropriate? Then giving it to them at the reception.
    She might have heart failure though if I showed up at the church, thinking I'd show at the meal too!?
    I wont be over to her house beforehand so I'm thinking something portable?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

You're not working at the moment so just give a card. There is no need to waste €25 on a photo frame, don't bother - seriously. I call it "wasting money" because you are not working and I'm sure you could put that €25 to better use since you are unemployed.

It really bothers me that people think that they HAVE to give a gift. You aren't even proper friends with this girl anymore. Just give them a card on the evening and that's all you need do. And hey, if the bride & groom don't like it, then you know they were only asking you to fill the room. Otherwise they would be delighted to just have you there to share in their special day.

Advertisement