Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Film Swap

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

i'd be up for that.

barcelona, eh? you lucky dawg. lived there for a while - nicest city i've ever been to. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

artyeva wrote: »
    i'd be up for that.

barcelona, eh? you lucky dawg. lived there for a while - nicest city i've ever been to. :D

Yeah I was there last year and going again this time with the GF!

Sure if you shoot a roll and have it to me by this Friday ill bring it with me. Leaving on Monday!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

will recently expired fuji 200 do? i *ahem* have a roll or two lying around... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ellieswellies

I'd love to try but all my film cameras are full of....well, film at the mo! I would defo be on for giving it a whirl in the future!

will recently expired fuji 200 do? i *ahem* have a roll or two lying around... :p

Yeah any color film will do. Don't let me know what you've shot either that way I won't think about it when i'm using it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

The slower the speed the better tbh. I've some Kodachrome 64 120 about which could be fun.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    The slower the speed the better tbh. I've some Kodachrome 64 120 about which could be fun.

Can you put 120 back in? Is it just a case where it will come out backwards? I never really thought about 120..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Ooooh I do love double exposures. I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,703 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

dazftw wrote: »
    Can you put 120 back in? Is it just a case where it will come out backwards? I never really thought about 120..

From personal experience (doh !), no. When you put the roll through the first time there's a handy bit of sticky tape that sticks the start of the film to the backing (you always have to rip this off when you're loading the film onto reels for development, often with some cool fireworks). If you run a roll and then just pop it in the other way round the end of the film is now loose, and (in my case at least) catches on the rollers of the back you're trying to load, causing all sorts of mess and eventually necessitating use of a scissors. :eek:

You could, I guess, respool it back onto another spool but I reckon that'd be a PITA because I bet the backing paper and film end wouldn't line up properly anymore and you'd have to unstick and re-stick it or something. In the dark.

ok, i'm about to pop out and shoot a roll, dazftw, i've pm'd you to get your address.

am i right in thinking that as the film is iso 200, i set the iso on my camera to 400? or have i got that backwards?!

i'd be up for another one, so fajitas or humberklog, any takers? i have LOTS of free time....

• Advertisement

I'll reply to you now..

I'll take a few more rolls to bring to Barcelona if anyone wants to send me down some.

When i'm there ill shoot some of my own stuff which ill then send to you guys to re-use when I get back.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

ok, i'm about to pop out and shoot a roll, dazftw, i've pm'd you to get your address.

am i right in thinking that as the film is iso 200, i set the iso on my camera to 400? or have i got that backwards?!

i'd be up for another one, so fajitas or humberklog, any takers? i have LOTS of free time....

I'll run a few shots off down the front of my pants this week and post in onto you. I'll shoot mostly in low Ap (high number) so you can open it up brighter for your shots.
    Hey I'll even put the pic in the post too:pac:. Really...I will.

right, film will be on its way to dazftw tomorrow as i forgot the post leaves here at 2pm. you should still get it by friday though!! i shot the 200 film in 400 btw.
    humberklog wrote: »
    I'll run a few shots off down the front of my pants this week and post in onto you. I'll shoot mostly in low Ap (high number) so you can open it up brighter for your shots.
    Hey I'll even put the pic in the post too:pac:. Really...I will.

wooooohooooo!!!!! i shall look forward to shots of down the front of your pants with eager anticipation.... or is that trepidation? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

This sounds like fun!
    Question though, why do you have to change the iso setting? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,400 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

theboat wrote: »
    This sounds like fun!

you're exposing twice so if you double the iso you should end up with the right exposure after the two shots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 268 ✭✭theboat

Ah. Cool, thanks :)

theboat wrote: »
    This sounds like fun!

to underexpose the film by a few stops so that after it's been through a camera twice, it should add up to a normal amount of exposure. in or around a normal amount, at any rate. that's the fun part of the unpredictability of double exposures!!

edit: duh : crosspost!!!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭ender ender

Check out the Tale of Two Cities group on Flickr. I've sent stuff to people in the UK and the States with sometimes fantastic and sometimes rubbish results

Advertisement