Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident in Dublin 3

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If they were dead I don't think they'd remove the bodies so quickly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Ok, I've no idea which moderator moved this from AH...

So I'll just remind you guys.. We've a different forum charter here, I'd advise you guys to read it carefully & don't go bitching ignorance later :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

if fairness it's a **** hole,the clue is in the fact they have portaloo's and a boxing machine out the back in the smoking area :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

So I'll just remind you guys.. We've a different forum charter here, I'd advise you guys to read it carefully & don't go bitching ignorance later :cool:

Spoken like a true doorman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Mayo Exile wrote: »
    Did I fire 6 shots or only 5...............

over in Miami a few years ago I had the chance to use some guns, picked out the biggest handgun they had, looked like dirty harrys gun but its much more powerful. smith&wesson model 500. I used up a box of ammo but was confused for a while because there was 5 bullets per round and not 6 like I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

My sources claim 0 dead, 3 injured. 1 was a bouncer and 2 regular people.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

My sources claim 1 dead, 2 injured. All 3 were bouncers

Ah, I'm sure we'll know if they're reliable in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

We'll wait and see ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,630 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Jaysus thats not good.

I think it sounded alot closer to Barcode from where I was, theres also folks on twitter near the players lounge saying it sounded further away from there!

Barcode bouncers perhaps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Well folks, we were coming from the docks, towards Clontarf Gardai station. When me and a friend notices 2 Garda cars leaving the station pretty quick. So we went up towards the beach to see a Public order van going very quick towards town.

So we turned around, my mate said barcode. I said if it's not there it's the players lounge.

Anyway wasn't barcode, it was the players lounge. We came from the Richmond road, and right up too the tape across the road. I got a look at the pub. Two chairs outside the pub, and the Garda tape around the chairs and isolating the door area. Also the road was sealed off from the off license at across from the Esso right up too the entrance to the Malahide road.

Still no word on what happened , but there must have been 10-13 Garda cars, so something major most definitely happened.

If it was bouncers shot at over someone been refused entry or what have you. Jesus, I don't like them as much as the next person. That is just bad out, it's just a job.

Just hope no innocent parties where hurt.

Update from facebook;

"yeah the bouncers apperntly...3 shot, 2 dead..."

http://www.facebook.com/search/?init=srp&sfxp=&q=players+lounge&gl=1&lo=&sp=

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Definitely 3 shot, I heard 2 were killed mine you. Only ever in it once for a Shels end of season party thingy, but nice aul boozer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Nobody dead according to RTÉ

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Doesn't Anthony Stokes' Da own this boozer now? I know it was a very ropey pub a few years back with rumours that The Monk had an involvement in running it

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

flanzer wrote: »
    Doesn't Anthony Stokes' Da own this boozer now? I know it was a very ropey pub a few years back with rumours that The Monk had an involvement in running it

Stokes has a share in the ownership..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

nobody died guys.

2 are relatively ok but one is in hospital fighting for his life.
    shot 4 times, twice in the head.

innocent guy just in work earning a wage.

kceire wrote: »
    nobody died guys.

How do you know he was innocent ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

JosDel wrote: »
    How do you know he was innocent ?

because i know him.
    he was in work.

the guy the shooter was aiming at ran into the pub behind other drinkers and workers.

• Advertisement

because i know him.
    he was in work.

the guy the shooter was aiming at ran into the pub behind other drinkers and workers.

I'm just reading that now on the rte site, Hope the chap is OK, This fcukin city is gone crazy,

They need to bring back internment for anybody caught with a gun mandatory 20 years...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0726/fairview.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The echo must have traveled some way as the players lounge is nowhere near alfie byrne road.

The echo must have traveled some way as the players lounge is nowhere near alfie byrne road.

I know, I was sure myself that it was further towards Clontarf direction as it was so loud from where I was. But I'm 110% sure it was this that I heard, as soon as I heard it I was waiting for the sirens to start and within 2 minutes they did!

Anyway, the wife's curfew was lifted as soon as the sun rose, so I managed to get a few pics from the scene!

4830278308_46ac7759a4.jpg

4830277758_836c008eb2.jpg

4830277060_988485a166.jpg

4829828471_7b324a927d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

So the chap that is serious was being chased by the gunman?

Seems bouncer may have been target!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0726/fairview.html

Gardaí are investigating whether the doorman of a pub in Fairview in Dublin was targeted by the gunman who opened fire early this morning.
    The lone gunman - brandishing two handguns - confronted the bouncer at the Players Lounge in Fairview at around 12.30am,
    He chased him into the bar before shooting him in the head.
    The doorman is in a critical condition at Beaumont Hospital.
    Two others were wounded in the attack and are being treated at the Mater Hospital.
    One man was shot in the chest and is in a critical condition. Another man is being treated for serious injures.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Its manic around fairview at the minute,police all over the place and choppers in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Gintonious wrote: »
    Its manic around fairview at the minute,police all over the place and choppers in the sky.

Saw a few garda cars absolutely whipping it through town there about 15 mins ago. Looked like they were heading out that direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

At least 1 of the victims were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Contrary to earlier reports the 1 o'clock news said all 3 were shot from distance outside the pub. Utter scumbags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

nobody died guys.

Relatively ok???

I know one of the lads who was shot, and "relatively ok" couldn't be further from the truth.

I've never trusted boards for accurate information, but some of the stuff I've read here so far is sickening.

• Advertisement

One line of enquiry is a link between the IRA and Dublin criminals who provide door security for clubs and pubs, So the next time you are paying over the odds for a pint think about where some of that money could be goin to..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement