Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incident in Dublin 3

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ro_chez

At least 1 of the victims were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Contrary to earlier reports the 1 o'clock news said all 3 were shot from distance outside the pub. Utter scumbags.

Yeah, I noticed the markings outside the door which could have been for the casingso it seems like they fired through the door

I also see that someone was shot 4 years back in the same pub!

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/man-is-gunned-down-while-drinking-in-pub-73574.html

Never been in there myself but seems like a nice place!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hanley wrote: »
    Relatively ok???

I know one of the lads who was shot, and "relatively ok" couldn't be further from the truth.

I've never trusted boards for accurate information, but some of the stuff I've read here so far is sickening.

i was told my friend was the only one in a serious condition, currently sedated with one bullet lodged in his head, sorry if i misled the condition of the other 2.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

kceire wrote: »
    i was told my friend was the only one in a serious condition, currently sedated with one bullet lodged in his head, sorry if i misled the condition of the other 2.

I hope your friends ok, I heard some of the details and it's an awful thing that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

crazy alri went to school with one of the guys shot me sister knows the doorman he works down barcode aswell or something they've got phillisburg ave blocked off aswell from spar down whats that about i was able to walk up from centra through the church and up the avenue yet they wont let people down...:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Hanley wrote: »
    I hope your friends ok, I heard some of the details and it's an awful thing that happened.

yeah he is curently sedated by the hospital, but was concious going into the hospital last night.
    he was able to tell the docters what happened and was aware of his surroundings.

have you any more info on the other two guys?
    are they serious too?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

kceire wrote: »
    yeah he is curently sedated by the hospital, but was concious going into the hospital last night.
    he was able to tell the docters what happened and was aware of his surroundings.

have you any more info on the other two guys?
    are they serious too?

One is, but can't say anymore unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

There is absolutley no evidence that any of the victims were involved in anything, and I think its best that members of this site stop speculating.

There are boards members that know the victims and inbedding music videos and making stupid jokes is in particulary bad taste. The families are going through hell.

It could have been any of us, just having a drink getting caught in the crossfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If anyone has a problem with a post on this (or any other thread) - use the Report Post button & let a mod deal with it. Back-seat modding is not on.

Also, kindly remember that this is the Dublin City forum & not bleedin' After Hours. Post appropriately.

Thanks,

HB

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Any idea what is going on around the ratoath road in finglas?? loads of cops and the helicopter is out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hill Billy wrote: »
    If anyone has a problem with a post on this (or any other thread) - use the Report Post button & let a mod deal with it. Back-seat modding is not on.

Also, kindly remember that this is the Dublin City forum & not bleedin' After Hours. Post appropriately.

Thanks,

HB

Thank you.

In fairness to Carlos his sentiments reflect mine. I tried posting similar earlier today but my connection kept dropping & I couldn't get my post up.

Lads, take not of what Carlos has posted please.. And guys, lets use the report button eh ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

just an observation on this

today on the players lounge facebook site they advertised the weekends gaa match

some comments were made that this was out of order and they have all been removed :eek:

also comments in the papers by Stokes himself saying that the gunman was in a group that were refused in the past are stupid on his behalf 3 ways this could go

1 the gunman now gets nabbed and the others blow the place asunder

2 the gunman was not from that group,then the group says we are going to get them for involving them and blows the place to bits

or

3 someone else who holds a grudge goes in and wait for it .....................................

blows the place to the ground

id give the place a wide bearth for a while tbh a lot of people have been rubbed the wrong way in there

Disclaimer

I have no grudge against the pub or staff if i am in the area i drink in other pubs The Players Lounge has never been my cup of tea

Hope all are ok and recover after the shootings and i am wrong with my 3 above points

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Sparks43 wrote: »
    just an observation on this

today on the players lounge facebook site they advertised the weekends gaa match

some comments were made that this was out of order and they have all been removed :eek:

also comments in the papers by Stokes himself saying that the gunman was in a group that were refused in the past are stupid on his behalf 3 ways this could go

1 the gunman now gets nabbed and the others blow the place asunder

2 the gunman was not from that group,then the group says we are going to get them for involving them and blows the place to bits

or

3 someone else who holds a grudge goes in and wait for it .....................................

blows the place to the ground

id give the place a wide bearth for a while tbh a lot of people have been rubbed the wrong way in there

Disclaimer

I have no grudge against the pub or staff if i am in the area i drink in other pubs The Players Lounge has never been my cup of tea

Hope all are ok and recover after the shootings and i am wrong with my 3 above points

Come off it will ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭DublinRunnerJoe

Stokes is a very stupid man if he came out and said that.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement