Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dentist horror stories. tell us

Options
  • 26-07-2010 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

ok guys.
    after been told by dentist on previous tread. that times have changed and dentist are now gentler on us folk.
    please tell us your past expirience regarding dentist visits?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 drave

ok , i will start.
    i was 18 years old and had a bad absess under my tooth.
    my thooth was cracked from wisdom tooth problems.
    after a week of pain and sleepless nights the dentist finaly wanted to pull the tooth.
    2 injections later the tooth finaly numbed.
    he pulled and twisted with vigour,but tooth did not budge.
    then he put his knee on my chest and finally removed the tooth. violently.

horrible feeling walking from his office knowing that something was not right with the extraction.
    but as you do,,,,, you say nothing, but instead tar the rest of the proffesion wiht the same brush,
    since then i have a fear of the dentist.
    i idont visit often

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

as in tar them with the one tooth brush ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 drave

witty

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

I had a bad experience in the dentists up at Market Point. Was getting a rotten tooth pulled, first anaesthetic didn't work and he wouldn't believe me when I said I could feel what was going on. Then he finally believed me and got thick because he had to give me another one (presumably because it delayed him). After he eventually got tooth out he then said I should have been put to sleep to have it removed but he was a "skilled dentist" so was able to do it. The experience has left me nervous about dentists so really trying to avoid them tbh.

Oh I was also quoted of needing a large number of fillings (in double figures!) so haven't been back. Was told to go to guy on Mary Street for second opinion which I plan to do as although I need a few don't think I need as many as that guy was quoting! I may get on to it soon I guess so a similar situation doesn't arise again!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Dentist in Athlone, hes a great dentist, his daughter is a butcher however,

Pulled a tooth out, left half it in there and then proceeded to remove half my jaw bone to get the remainder.

Bitch

• Advertisement
Advertisement