Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent skateboard spots around north dublin?

Options
  • 26-07-2010 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭

We've been skating artane for the past couple of months and it's pretty dull,
    so are there any decent spots around north dublin? trying to stay away from the skateparks, as we've only been skating a few months, and the regulars can be intimidating for 15 year olds :o just a few hills or dead smooth roads/parks would be cool :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

stetyrrell wrote: »
    We've been skating artane for the past couple of months and it's pretty dull,
    so are there any decent spots around north dublin? trying to stay away from the skateparks, as we've only been skating a few months, and the regulars can be intimidating for 15 year olds :o just a few hills or dead smooth roads/parks would be cool :cool:
    just spend a day exploring, you'll find tons of cool ****, and be thankful you don't live in Cork. It'll be more rewarding than staying in the one place. Why do you have to stay in Artane, or even the northside? go everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,656 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

'cause only two of us actually skate, so the rest of the lads aren't keen on going anywhere far out (lazy cnuts :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Me and my friends used to skate a bit around Bayside (The church/shops) and Raheny (Schools/hills)

'cause only two of us actually skate, so the rest of the lads aren't keen on going anywhere far out (lazy cnuts :p)
    well then you'll be severely limited..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭jayo1994

well me and my mates skate in the northside sc car park, pretty smooth but you get the odd sap callin us hippies, a fun thing we like to do is go to clongriffin but dont go to the skate park ( had a few incidents of random a-holes on bikes who just want to go up and down the ramps and harass us ) just skate around there's some pretty sweet spots there and a park with pitches and stuff to keep your friends occupied. plus the ground is skateboarding heaven

• Advertisement

out of curiosity, which is the best skatepark in dublin? i heard sofd was amazing before the rails were put in..

out of curiosity, which is the best skatepark in dublin? i heard sofd was amazing before the rails were put in..
    really depends what your looking for. SofD isn't amazing, but it's nice.

i'd like to try a bit of vert kinda things :)
    some funboxes or hubbas wouldn't hurt either ;)
    donaghmede's a terrible skatepark i think

i'd like to try a bit of vert kinda things :)
    some funboxes or hubbas wouldn't hurt either ;)
    donaghmede's a terrible skatepark i think
    Well if you think Donaghmede is terrible then IDK what you'd like-not saying that sarcastically/to be an asshole btw. Emmmmm, try Bushy, Monkstown is a great place to skate, Lucan is fun, imo any of the concrete parks and you won't go wrong

donaghmede doesn't have much, just a rail or two, a couple of those bumps and a long quarter pipe

• Advertisement
Advertisement