Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New thread for the 10/11 PL Season Discussion

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    4 games 4 goals for hernandez...

I rest my case.

I was going to respond but whats the point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Really don't think Wigan will go down, i think they will do well this year. (if they sign 1 more decent centre half)

1. Chelsea
    2. Man Utd
    3. Arsenal
    4. City
    5. Liverpool
    6. Spurs
    7. Villa
    18. Wolves
    19. WBA
    20. Blackpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

1.Man Utd
    2.Man City
    3.Liverpool
    4.Chelsea
    5.Spurs
    6.Arsenal
    7.Everton
    8.Sunderland
    9.Aston Villa
    10.Fulham

11.Bolton
    12.Newcastle
    13.Stoke
    14.West Ham
    15.Birmingham
    16.Blackburn
    17.Wolves
    18.Wigan
    19.West Brom
    20.Blackpool

Ideally id like Liverpool to win the league and for Wigan, Bolton and Blackburn to be relegated. Hate looking at constant half-empty stadiums :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

So what are your expectations for your club this season?

For Spurs it has to be group stages of the champions league and challenge for fourth this year.

I also think Everton are dark horses this year without European football I think they could do very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

1. Liverpool
    2. Man Utd
    3. Chelsea
    4. City
    5. Arsenal
    6. Spurs
    7. Villa
    18. Wolves
    19. WBA
    20. Blackpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Chelsea
    City
    United
    Arsenal
    Liverpool
    Everton
    Spurs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Seems to be universal agreement that Blackpool will go down. I really hope they manage to put up some sort of a decent showing though. Looking at the lack of quality in their squad they could be badly out of their depth. The new signings don't exactly inspire much confidence either.

I'd go for West Brom and possibly Bolton to join them in relegation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Blackpool are certain to go down, West Brom are up against it as well but I think in the end they will go down as well as they do not have the players to keep them in the league. For the final spot it is hard to tell, most pundits are going for Wigan and I tend to agree. However any of Newcastle, Birmingham, Wolves, Bolton, or West Ham could go down as well.

I can see Man Utd winning it this season will Chelsea focused on Champions League glory. Chelsea and Arsenal will be there abouts for the title as well. Then it is between Man City and Liverpool for the other sport. Think Spurs will be too stretched by Europe. I think Liverpool will have the edge and will get 4th spot.

All the other teams will be comfortably mid table

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Mister men wrote: »
    1. Liverpool
    2. Man Utd
    3. Chelsea
    4. City
    5. Arsenal
    6. Spurs
    7. Villa
    18. Wolves
    19. WBA
    20. Blackpool

is that waht you hope or believe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Blackpool are certain to go down

I'd agree that their chances of staying up are somewhere between slim and none.

But credit to them for going about all of this the right way. It looks like they're going to use the cash windfall to upgrade their stadium and training facilities and put themselves in a better position as a club, rather than just blowing the money in a spending splurge on overrated players like some clubs in the past have done. That will stand to them in the long run and put them in a stronger position if they ever get promoted again.

United and Chelsea look likely to fill the top two spots again. I'd go for United this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

So what are your expectations for your club this season?

For Spurs it has to be group stages of the champions league and challenge for fourth this year.

I also think Everton are dark horses this year without European football I think they could do very well.

For City to win something. Would love it to be the Europa League at Landsdowne.

A domestic cup would be great too. And top four.

Advertisement