Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing music leaving cert/fetac

Options
  • 26-07-2010 4:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, wasn't sure where to put this, so move if necessary. I'm very interested in music although I've only got into it recently (I'm 22) and I'm thinking of doing a degree. Thing is I never did the junior or leaving cert music and I'm only starting to learn music theory. I'm going to college soon to study a sound engineering course.

I've been thinking of finishing this course but also exploring the music performance/theory side though. I was just wondering the best way I could do this. I've looked into part time leaving cert courses in music, which I could do over the next two years, if I like that, I might pursue it further.

Would it be feasible to gain a music leaving cert part time and then use that to get into a degree course? Or would I be better doing a plc in music for a year and then using that?

Advertisement