Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three bikers killed in crashes over the weekend

• 26-07-2010 8:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

Very sad, 3 in one weekend is astonishing.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/crashes-claim-lives-of-three-motorcyclists-2272440.html
    Three male motorcyclists were killed in separate crashes on roads both sides of the Border over the weekend.

Thirty-year-old Mark Dempsey lost his life when the motorcycle he was driving crashed into a wall on a minor road near the village of Shanagolden, Co Limerick at 6pm yesterday. No one else was involved.

The victim, from Croom, was rushed to Limerick General Hospital but was pronounced dead a short time later.

Last night locals in his home town were in shock at the loss of a man they called "Croom through and through".

Mr Dempsey was a self-employed plasterer and lived in the area with his parents and siblings all his life.

"He was a lovely lad who just did his own thing," local Fine Gael councillor Richard Butler said. "It's just so sad to think of someone with a great future ahead of him have his life taken away so soon."

Earlier in Wicklow, a 23-year-old man lost his life when he failed to navigate around a bend and crashed into a signpost.

The victim was living in Dublin but was understood to be from an area along the Roscommon-Westmeath border. He hit a road sign for the nearby Knockananna village, beside a telegraph pole on the R747 between Tinahely and Hacketstown.

A garda driving on patrol at the time found him at the scene within seconds. An ambulance rushed him to Naas General Hospital, but the man died within minutes of arriving.

Gardai are appealing for witnesses to both accidents as forensic examinations are carried out.

In the North a 41-year-old man lost his life when his motorcycle crashed into two cars yesterday afternoon.

The collision happened on the Crumlin road in Belfast at around 1pm. There were three people in the cars but they were not seriously injured.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Ye saw that, it's awful. Thoughts with the families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

RIP

not the place for knee jerk mandatory BS imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

The 23 year old was Partywizard (Eoghan) a regular on biker.ie and many of the Dublin Area spins.

A True Gent and one of the nicest guys you could meet.

Rip Eoghan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

hobochris wrote: »
    The 23 year old was Partywizard (Eoghan) a regular on biker.ie and many of the Dublin Area spins.

Rip Eoghan.

RIP Eoghan.
    Funeral in Athlone at 16.30 on Thursday.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

hobochris wrote: »

Rip Eoghan.

A nicer guy you could never hope to meet.

RIP Eoghain, you'll be missed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

RIP.

I hope that these will be remembered by a minutes silence at the next rally.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭teaholic

I knew Owen in college, a true gent who was always up for a laugh and had a fantastic personality, still can't believe he is gone
    RIP hun you will be missed. x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

RIP Eoghan.
    Funeral in Athlone at 16.30 on Thursday.

just back from the funeral - about 70 + bikes showed up - we gave him a great send off.

There was no nicer man, i feel sorry for his girlfriend & family:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

jameshayes wrote: »
    just back from the funeral - about 70 + bikes showed up - we gave him a great send off.

There was no nicer man, i feel sorry for his girlfriend & family:(

Just back in the door myself.

I spoke to Leonie, and she was crying her eyes out.

Spoke to Eoighain's father aswell, and he asked us to pop in at the house some time when we are out that way fo a spin - he wants to hear all our biking stories.

Fair play to yiz lads, I would have joined ye but I'm stuck at home with a broken leg.

Glad he got a good send off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Yes it was a good turnout out bikes for the funeral. I stopped counting at 80 bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Fair play to yiz lads, I would have joined ye but I'm stuck at home with a broken leg.

How did you do that?

RosieJoe wrote: »
    How did you do that?

Took a tumble off the bike.

could have been a lot worse as this thread goes to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

KamiKazi wrote: »

You do now that I had lifts available in cars, vans and on the back of bikes.

Next time it is someone we know - PM me.

By the way (on a lighter note) - when are we going for beers at the Dropping Well (assuming you can make it that far) - ?

P.C. wrote: »
    You do now that I had lifts available in cars, vans and on the back of bikes.

Next time it is someone we know - PM me.

By the way (on a lighter note) - when are we going for beers at the Dropping Well (assuming you can make it that far) - ?

Can't get on the back of a bike, would have taken a cage lift though. Fvck it, even posted on IBF looking for a lift down :mad:

Should be able to hobble down to the pub, stick up a thread

Advertisement