Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype on a Smart phone

Options
  • 26-07-2010 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for some info on which smart phone and what tariff to go on , i am on perfect 200 at the moment but i want a smart phone and was looking for the right package for me hope this makes sense to you Many Thanks in advance. oh and i want to use Skype as well to bring the cost down

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Skype is heavily integrated to the Nokia N900. When you are making a call, you select whether you want to make it via your operator, or via Skype.

Utterly seamless and works just as well on 3G and WiFi. Check out the N900 thread for a full run-down on all the features of the N900 (and how much people love it :D).

I am not to well up on packages/plans, but I believe 3 also do a Skype package with other phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Cheers will do

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Skype is built into all 3 phones and is free to use on all bill pay plans including best of both it does
    not require any data add on, you can also use gocall.ie with 3 if you want to bring down the cost of international calls.
    You need to work out how many calls
    and texts you use per month before anyone could advise on what's the best plan for you.

Is there an app for skype

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hootanany wrote: »

Depends what phone it is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hootanany wrote: »

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and suggest www.skype.com.

:D

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and suggest www.skype.com.

:D

No good if your on H3GI ;)

Samsung Galaxy S

Hi does anyone know or have a link for skype on my Samsung Galaxy S cant find it anywhere many thanks in advance

Just use fring instead, their isnt an official skype app yet that i know of. www.fring.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I thought I saw something saying Fring is stopping working with Skype?

I thought I saw something saying Fring is stopping working with Skype?

Was that not just temporarily?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Fring no longer has skype functionality, however, Nimbuzz does, you will get this in the Android Market, free.

Advertisement