Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glanworth, whats it like, nice place?

Options
  • 26-07-2010 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi there, my GF and I are moving to the area in mid Aug, don't know the area, don't know anyone local.

Could anyone tell me what its like, nice sleep village or what, looked like a nice place last Sat anyway.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Rebel Chick

Hi metalgear2k2, first of all best of luck with the move. I think you've picked a lovely village to move to, i'm not from there but not too far away either so i would know a bit about it. It is a quiet enough spot, four pubs, two shops, two hairdressers, church, school, hall, gaa field but your only a few miles from bigger towns of Fermoy and Mitchelstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭metalgear2k2

Thanks Rebel Chick, sounds good to me so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

as my username might suggest, I know a bit about this place,
    Nice village, 4 pubs, 3 lively enough at the weekends, go to each one on a Friday/Sat night and you will get a good enough idea of which one is for you. There is normally something going on in one of them at the weekend which might be of interest. You will meet lots of interesting people;) but you will figure them out in time!

GAA is pretty strong in the area, male and female so if that is your interest you will do fine here! There is a soccer club and darts in big enough in the bars too. So are fishing and bowls

Its pretty quite during the days...

Your only 40 mins from the Cork City centre and as said ten mins from Fermoy and Mitchelstown. Any Qs ask back or PM me...

Cheers Glanman, thanks for the info. I dont drink so pubs arent really my scene but am into sports so will look into that, thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I have cousins living in Glanworth. Absolutely lovely place, have always loved going there over the years. Nice, quiet little village. Might not be the most happening place on earth (which is exactly what I would personally want if I bought a house somewhere!) but you have Fermoy and Mitchelstown nearby if you fancy something a bit more lively. Good luck with the move! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

It is a nice spot all right, I love the old bridge, castle and abbey there.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    It is a nice spot all right, I love the old bridge, castle and abbey there.

Cool, looking forward to checking that out, moving in this weekend. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I went to school with a fella from Kilworth...we used to Joke about how Glanworth stole their lemon tree :D

I have family up around the Fermoy area,by Ballyhooly n such and North Cork is a very close and friendly place :)

Advertisement