Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cage Contender - The Money Shot :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Ouch! :eek: That guy's jaw is surely broken after that in #1?

Nice images, I take it you've a good cam for high ISO, as I very much doubt you're allowed to flash photograph fighters in action?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Cracking images, #1 especially

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

Ouch! :eek: That guy's jaw is surely broken after that in #1?

Nice images, I take it you've a good cam for high ISO, as I very much doubt you're allowed to flash photograph fighters in action?

Thanks guys, i used 5d mark ii, 7-200 @ 2.8 1000/1 iso 2000 and no flash :)

Good stuff, had a feeling it was a high-end cam, no noise at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

thefly wrote: »
    Cracking images, #1 especially
    Literally!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

god knows why someone would pay to watch that.
    great shots, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Gone Fishin

Great photos, a bit too gruesome for me. Glorified street fighting in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 468 ✭✭Diabhal_Glas

Well done Tommy, was a great night with some really good fights. That first one is class.

Well done Tommy, was a great night with some really good fights. That first one is class.

Thanks everyone

Ye was a great night some really good fights :) especially cowzer v coady :O

I don't follow any of the MMA, but I do love to see a good fight. Can't understand why people think it's a 'brutal' sport, as these guys are built like steel, they train for years to get into the right shape to not only deliver the physical moves, but to endure them too. The odd broken nose/jaw is taken at their own risk. The money no doubt makes up for it.

• Advertisement

I don't follow any of the MMA, but I do love to see a good fight. Can't understand why people think it's a 'brutal' sport, as these guys are built like steel, they train for years to get into the right shape to not only deliver the physical moves, but to endure them too. The odd broken nose/jaw is taken at their own risk. The money no doubt makes up for it.

the money isnt goodin ireland they do it for hte love of the sport, people dont understand the skill and technique and hard work that goes into it, these guys would train 3 times a day for 12 weeks comin up to a fight and most of them holding down full time jobs aswell. Anyone can fight in the street but it takes real skill and determination to get in the cage. we had a reporter a few years ago of the same opinion and we had him tail one of our guys for a week to trainin etc and he came out the other side with so mch respect for the sport and fighters seein what they put themselves threw for the love of there sport but i do understand its not for eveyone

far as I know, nobody has ever died after an MMA fight? People bang on about boxers dying, but, how many have ever actually died during or after a fight? Extremely low percentages you're talking. It's not someone beating someone senseless like a street fight, they both go in with equal chance.

Pity they don't get the same purse over here, bit unfair, as you say they train just as hard as their English/American counter-parts. Less hype/advertising here I guess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,281 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Can't understand why people think it's a 'brutal' sport
    because it's two guys beating the **** out of each other in a cage? i'd question calling it a sport too.
    for what it's worth, i wouldn't watch boxing either.

But it's not like they're 2 random street fighters. Both train for months for the fight, they are free to back out any time. One slap of the canvas and fight is over.

i don't see any merit in it. probably not the best place to be discussing this, mind.

Well, it is, as the discussion stems from pretty graphic fight images. But I understand why some don't like or condone it, in some way. It's just not anywhere as brutal [IMO] as some like to make out. Dog fighting, fox hunting, anything involving the death of harmless, defenseless animals, now none of those are 'sport'. But with Human fighters, they do have the choice. I admire their skill, not the brutality :)

Advertisement