Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Con 2010 costumes

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Points have to go to the chap dressed as Destro and the chap dressed as Stan Smith including the enormous chin. I always find it a bit uncomfortable looking over costumes of female cosplayers, because so many of them decide to wear blatantly exhibitionist-type outfits to get leery attention....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

I really want to go to that...It looks amazing

Plus its the ONLY place in the world where hot chicks will be dressed as leather clad superheros.......except for Saturday nights

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Very nice. I'm currently considering the logistics of going to Comic Con 2011...I really wish money wasn't an issue. I should find me a rich lady.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I've not been to SDCC so I can't comment on it directly; however, I've had a great time as both visitor and exhibitor at the likes of Thought Bubble, the MCM Expo, the Bristol Expo and London Film & Comic Con. None of which are quite as large as SDCC, but all of which are considerably closer to home.

Aside from which, if you want pure unadulterated comics-love in convention form, even SDCC struggles to compete with Angouleme, from what I understand. Plus, France is easier to get to than San Diego...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Some of them are pretty cool. A lot of thought (and money) goes into the costumes. The old school Power Rangers costumes are kinda cool i gotta say. Brings back memories of my childhood.
    There is also a hell of a lot of hot chicks floating around SDCC (especiall the Harley Quinn girls :p). I can see why so many geeks love to go.

I would love to go to either this or E3 next year, it would be heaven really. Does anyone know how you go about getting tickets for Comic-con or has anyone gone before??

• Advertisement

Some of them are pretty cool. A lot of thought (and money) goes into the costumes. The old school Power Rangers costumes are kinda cool i gotta say. Brings back memories of my childhood.
    There is also a hell of a lot of hot chicks floating around SDCC (especiall the Harley Quinn girls :p). I can see why so many geeks love to go.

I would love to go to either this or E3 next year, it would be heaven really. Does anyone know how you go about getting tickets for Comic-con or has anyone gone before??

You have to register to book tickets for SDCC pretty far in advance if you're serious about going, and then get your accommodation and travel arrangements made pretty fast too - otherwise you'll end up paying through the nose.

Go here for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I'd love to dress up this year for the Dublin Con...but could you imagine being in costume on the bus or Luas...you'd definitely get a few digs

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭melissavm

I went over to CA for this last month and damn, the costumes were unreal. Must have been thousands upon thousands of unique costumes, some hand made! Such a wild thing to witness. & Major props to the guy who brought his own robot!

Advertisement