Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread of the day.

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, it's already there.
    As pointed out here there are times when the thread of the day can be a particularly dodgy one from AH, or a spammy one that has gone un-noticed.

I'd like to put forward suggestions made by Snyper and pickarooney made in Feedback. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67117166#post67117166
    snyper wrote: »
    Thats fair enough, however "thread of the day" would make one assume that it's the "best" thread of the day.

If its a random thread, it should be called random thread of the day
    If the point is to encourage traffic to less-visited forums, would it not be better to have a different random thread every time someone clicks on it?

Most notably, the one from Snyper. I'd say there would be some problems implementing pickarooney's one. Not to say that it's a bad idea.

I would have tagged it as a bug fix, but it's not really a bug.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement