Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

value early bird in Kildare town

Options
  • 26-07-2010 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭

Went with herself to collosseus in Kildare town last night - last time we went a basic dinner with standard bottle of wine came to €106:eek:

Their prices have thankfully changed. - and quite dramatically too!

Excellent 3 course early bird (5pm to 8pm mon to fri & 1 - 7pm sun) with bottle of house wine for €42.85 :D and no skimping on portions either and really good choice of meals. (about 15 mains on offer)

Thumbs up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Maynooth - Stonehaven restaurant - early bird meal for €20. Starter>Main>Dessert Gorgeous food and you'll be full by the time the dessert arrives. Usually go there when my dad comes to visit and went there for a Christmas dinner with the housemates. Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

+1 with the OP. Have partaken in Macari's Early Bird a couple of times. You can't go wrong for that price. Tasty dishes, good portions and a good menu to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭davidm20

Just wanted to get clarification if the 42.85 was the total bill or per person. Was there once myself over 2 years ago, it was fantastic but very, very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

No that is price for 2 people with bottle of house wine. Well it was the 2 times we were there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

davidm20 wrote: »
    Just wanted to get clarification if the 42.85 was the total bill or per person. Was there once myself over 2 years ago, it was fantastic but very, very expensive

It was about 2 years ago that I had gone their too and got a bill of €106 for a fairly standard italian bistro meal, (remember it well as I thought the price was utterly shocking for 2 standard starters, a vegetarian pizza, a pasta, one desert & a bottle a regular wine) hadn't been there again until Sunday last hence the surprise at €42.85, 3 course meal for the 2 of us incl wine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement