Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 Weeks of Positive Action

Options
  • 26-07-2010 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I'm one of those guys who constantly procrastinates, telling myself I'll start next week, I'll do it later.

I've decided that for the next six weeks, whenever a thought comes into my head like "I should do some training now" or "I need to tidy the house tonight", I'm just gonna do it.

No messing, always doing what I'm supposed to, in the pursuit of a better me.

So starting off, tonight after work I need to spend 40 minutes working out, tidy my room, and spend an hour doing college work.

Mods, if this is in the wrong place I'm sorry, I couldn't figure out where to put it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 robagob

First evening over! I managed to get about 50 minutes proper college work done, 35 minutes working out, and then substituted 40mins ironing for tidying my room. (My room's pretty messy :rolleyes:)

Over the evening, everytime I started thinking of what i SHOULD be doing instead of watching tv etc., I just got up and did it.

Mentally this seems to be working!

Tonight I'm gonna try increase the workout time to 40mins, study to 1hr, and then tidy my room and finish off the rest of the clothes washing. :)

Well, yesterday was a good one, although I did cheat a little :p

Spent 70 mins exercising hard, 30 minutes studying, and cleaned my room. Put on another load of washing too.

Pretty happy with how it's going, although I need to learn to be more strict on priorities.

Today involves, ironing the last of my washed clothes, bringing out the bins, getting rid of the 100's of glass bottles in the house,30 minute workout, and getting ready for the Indiependence festival in Mitchelstown this weekend!

All this positive action is making me feel better about myself, I'm amazed at how quickly it's having an impact. Muscles hurt a bit, but that's to be expected

Yesterday = Exercise FAIL......

Spent ages packing bag for the weekend, making sure I hadn't forgotten anything. Got 10 minutes of weights done. Had to go to bed then, didn't wanna work up a sweat because I didn't have time to shower. Also didn't get rid of the bottles, cuz I spent 30 minutes giving a friend a lift somewhere instead. Bro's before recycling goals, i suppose.

Tonight is a staff night out, so I should have just enough time to get home, workout, shower, and buy the last few things I need for the weekend. Should be a good one! :cool:

Advertisement