Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a 1gig graphics card for under 100 Euro

Options
  • 26-07-2010 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey people,

I'm looking to upgrade from my 256mb ATI HD 3450 to A 1gig card.

Ive never upgraded a graphics card before so I was wondering if any of ya's could recomend a decent 1gig card for under 100 euro and let me know where I can buy it.

Thanks in advance!

Update: I found this card on Play.com http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/667/874/-/14958786/XFX-ATI-Radeon-HD-5450-1GB-PCI-Express-2-1-Graphics-Card/Product.html?searchtype=genre seems pretty good for the price, Oh by the way I have a Inspiron 530 its about 2 years old and has 4 gigs of RAM and Dual Core Processor just putting that out there incase it would make a difference in the choice of card. So would anybody know if this is a good card or is there a better one out there I can afford?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

That card is a pile of dung and horribly overpriced :eek:

What are you trying to do that needs a 1GB card? :confused: Are you gaming? If so what is the resolution of your monitor?

If you are gaming then Pixmania recently had some HD5750 1GB reduced to €99-105, great value :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I'd recommend the Sapphire 5670 on Komplett right now. ~100€. Built a couple machines with them over the past few months, and they're a solid budget card.

Advertisement