Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European job sites

Options
  • 26-07-2010 12:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am eager to move to continental Europe; either France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland or The Netherlands.

Does anyone have information on the most popular job sites within any of the listed countries?

Has anyone moved and found work, is the job market better than Ireland?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

nitrogen wrote: »
    Hello,

I am eager to move to continental Europe; either France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland or The Netherlands.

Does anyone have information on the most popular job sites within any of the listed countries?

Thanks

What kind of a job are you seeking.......

I moved to Switzerland, just over 20 years ago, if you have got any questions , just ask....

Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭nitrogen

Jim2007 wrote: »
    What kind of a job are you seeking.......

I moved to Switzerland, just over 20 years ago, if you have got any questions , just ask....

Jim.

Software development, web development, or programming. Currently based in London and very tired of being in a big city.

What part of Switzerland do you live in?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Have you tried using the Monster sites? (monster.fr, monster.be, etc..)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

I got a job in the Netherlands using monsterboard.nl.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Software development, web development, or programming. Currently based in London and very tired of being in a big city.

What part of Switzerland do you live in?

Well I work in Zurich, but I live out in the "sticks". A small village, were everyone knows your name! It takes about 40 mins to get into the center of the city, but unlike London travel, I can sit back, enjoy a coffee while reading the paper and the carriage is usually about half full :D

Zurich is very international with lots of English speakers, but where I live, you'd be luck to find an English speaker - but that is my choice.

Jobs wise it is not as good as it used to be, but it is still easier than most other countries right now, esp. if you are an EU citizen.

Good luck,

Jim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

m@cc@ wrote: »
    I got a job in the Netherlands using monsterboard.nl.

How did you find the level of Dutch required to work over there? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TryingmyBest

Hi Jim2007,

Am in the process of looking for a .Net Software Developer (4+yrs) job in Basel for an english speaker.

I have set up a couple of interviews but would like to set up more as I will be moving
    soon and need to have the employment side of things sorted before then. So I have been scouring the job sites and agencies trying to find employment

Do you know what the present situation is for english speaking developers in Basel.

Advertisement