Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yacht capsizes off Connemara coast

Options
  • 26-07-2010 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Three people have been rescued from a yacht which capsized off the Connemara coast in Co Galway.
    The accident occurred about 800m from the pier at An Spidéal.
    The three was rescued by an angling boat which was in the area at the time....

The Coastguard Service said the yacht capsized shortly after 9am. The Galway Bay inshore lifeboat is on its way to the scene.
    The Coastguard Service says it hopes that it may be possible to tow the yacht ashore before it sinks....

anyone else got any feed on this as i heard they done a patch up job to the hull with wood on a fibreglass boat also i heard it wasn't a yacht at all??

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0725/rescue.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I heard it was a giant inflatible dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DOTHEDOG

was out fishin that evening in spiddal an the locals were tellin me that they patched a hole with wood..jasus

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

DOTHEDOG wrote: »
    was out fishin that evening in spiddal an the locals were tellin me that they patched a hole with wood..jasus

Perfectly fine to plug a holed fibreglass boat with a wood block to get her floating and out of danger

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭aido179

was out at the gbsc dinghy regatta, heard it going down on the vhf. havnt heard what boat it was though. Anybody heard any names?

Advertisement