Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Hoax call

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

TomTom wrote: »
    Just received a call from someone stating they were from BOI and wanted to update our details. She had a North Dublin accent, I said it was a bad time and call back. Quick call to BOI confirmed that it was not a call from them and try get any details we could if they ring back.

Mean to ask the bank if they could shed any light on how they have our number or were they just chancing it.

Just to let people know.

Bank of Ireland group has very little communication between departments. It wasn't neccesarily a hoax. I used to work for one part of them if id called you there'd be no way your branch could know I did. check you haven't overspent or gone into arrears.

Also what kind of "north dublin" accent? Coolock, malahide, clontarf, ballymun, drumcondra, finglas or howth??

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭yermanoffthetv

Think I got a similar call reciently. Was the guy called Georege by any chance? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Tarzan_man

Christ, Thank god I read this thread. My mam was going on about a weird call from the bank today and I took no heed to her ramblings as always. Left her a note on the kitchen table just there to not call 'em back and give out details.

Cheers OP! Probably saved my college fund! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

What is the cryptic meaning?

Key the numbers onto predictive text message on your phone,

38-25-69 22783737 and the pin for my ATM is 7448

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

alex73 wrote: »
    Key the numbers onto predictive text message on your phone,

38-25-69 22783737 and the pin for my ATM is 7448

Dubloy carteres shiv?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998