Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recomended restaraunt in d2 area

Options
  • 26-07-2010 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭

So im going on a date later today,can anyone here recomend a nice/cheap /not too formal restaraunt in the d2 area,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

D2 - well, the world's your oyster there. What about an early bird?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

looks like im meeting her at about 8ish,was thinking about going for an Indian but i think its a bit warm out for that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Too hot for Indian, I wonder what they would think of that! :D

Emm, what about the Gastropub place under the Central Hotel? I've only had a cheese plate there, but it was reallllly good.
    And it would be a nice informal first date kind of place?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

Alfies on south William St is delicious. Lots of cheap but nice bars and restaurants around that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Green Nineteen on Camden St..

All mains are about €10 and they are very nice... Lovely looking place as well. Sure to impress...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

If it's a date, definitely the Port House on South William st, so romantic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

olaola wrote: »

Emm, what about the Gastropub place under the Central Hotel? I've only had a cheese plate there, but it was reallllly good.
    And it would be a nice informal first date kind of place?

I was disappointed with the Exchequer.

My starter of shredded duck with duck egg came with a salad that had no dressing, and the poached duck egg was cold, which has a nasty sensation.

The ling and chips were only ok, small portion and the batter was slightly oily.

The charcuterie plate was good.

The Port House on South William could be good, generally decent Tapas, good wine, "datey" atmosphere, usually busy, won't break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭happyeveryday

Easy to search for resaturants in Dublin 2 here

Would also recommend Dunne & Crescenzi on South Frederick Street or Steps of Rome on Chatham St (pure romance).
    Anyway best of luck.

Advertisement